Looking for the best creamy Batida de Coco recipe?
Our quick & easy Brazilian Batida de Coco Cachaça cocktail recipe is both creamy and refreshing. It’s best served on a hot day in the summer on a patio, backyard barbecue or cottage dock.
The homemade creamy summer drink features premium Cachaça, coconut milk, condensed milk and toasted coconut.
Save this story to Pinterest!
What Is Batida de Coco?
Batida de Coco is a classic Brazilian cocktail traditionally made with Cachaça, a fermented sugarcane juice similar to rum. In Portuguese batida means shaken or milkshake, so it tastes like a boozy and creamy coconut milkshake.
In Brazil you can order many different flavours of batida. Beyond Batida de Coco (clearly our favourite) you can also enjoy these boozy milkshakes prepared with passion fruit, guava, mango, pineapple, watermelon or peach.
Travel To Brazil to Taste the World’s Best Batida de Coco
There’s no better way to achieve Batida de Coco Expert status then by traveling to the cocktails birthplace, beautiful Brazil!
Brazil is one of the most popular destinations in South America for Canadians, which is why so many cocktail lovers from Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal enjoy the classic Brazilian drink so much. Once you’ve tasted a traditional Batida de Coco on a sun-soaked Brazilian beach it leaves a lasting impression.
I sipped what seemed like hundreds of Coconut Batida on a 10 day press trip of Brazil. The itinerary offered stops to popular destinations like Rio de Janeiro, Praia do Rosa and Florianopolis. The boozy and creamy drink is a must-try taste when visiting Brazil.
While on holiday you can easily order traditional Batida de Coco cocktails at popular bars in Rio and Sao Paulo as well as breezy rural beach resorts.
Best Bartender Tools & Cocktail Equipment
Before hosting a swanky Batida de Coco recipe soiree you’ll need to ensure you have the best bartender tools and cocktail equipment.
- Cocktail Kit: cocktail kits are the perfect gift for newbie mixology fans as they include basic bartender tools like a jigger, shaker and spoon.
- Cocktail Shaker: a bartenders best friend. Purchase a premium cocktail shaker to muddle or shake up your favourite pink gin cocktails.
- Cocktail Glassware: make sure your bar is stocked with a selection of unique glassware to show off your favourite cocktail creations.
- Hawthorne Strainer: this unique strainer features tightly wound coils and perforated holes. It keeps ice and other large ingredients like lime wedges in your cocktail shaker rather than in the glass.
- Bar Spoons: slender and long bar spoons are a must-have when stirring drinks.
- Bottle Opener: easily open bottles of beer or cider with the flick of your wrist or purchase a corkscrew for fine wine.
- Pouring Spout: once you’ve opened a new bottle of gin insert these affordable pourers to make cocktail assembly a breeze.
- Cutting Board: purchase a petite cutting board for your bar to slice garnishes or citrus wedges like lime, orange, lemon or grapefruit.
- Ice Bucket: chill bottles of gin quickly in an ice bucket or keep by the bar when muddling gin mixers into cool creations.
- Ice Crusher: fans of the Mint Julep love an ice crusher.
- Ice Cube Kit: we suggest purchasing a selection of ice cube trays. Silicone styles are our favourite as they’re easy to clean and are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Jigger: use a jigger to accurately measure spirits, juices, syrups and shrubs.
- Juicer: invest in an electronic juicer or buy an affordable hand-held to easily juice fresh citrus like lemons and limes.
- Muddler: fans of the Mojito love a sturdy muddler to mix mint and lime. Muddler’s are handy for any cocktail featuring ingredients that need a pounding like fresh herbs or citrus wedges.
- Citrus Peeler & Zester: adorn your craft cocktails with a thick citrus peel or finer ribbons of lime or lemon zest.
- Rimmer: Bloody Mary and Caesar lovers should outfit their bar with a handy rimmer for salting and sugaring glassware.
Best Selling Cachaça
Here are some of Brazil’s best selling Cachaça brands, perfect for muddling into a refreshing Batida de Coco cocktail.
- Leblon: aged in French oak casks for up to 6 months. Expect rich aromas and flavours of ripe tropical fruit and brown sugar, followed by a medium-bodied and sweet, smooth finish.
- Cachaça 51: with over 240 million liters sold annually, 51 is Brazil’s favorite cachaça, and one of the top-selling spirits worldwide.
- Novo Fogo: is made from hand-cultivated organic sugarcane at a distillery located in Brazil’s Atlantic rainforest.
- Pitu: crystal clear appearance with a slightly smoky nose and hints of anice, leather and root vegetable.
- Avuá: rested in stainless steel casks resulting in a crisp spirit featuring subtle floral notes.
- Yaguara: an organic artisanal blend of 10 month rested Cachaça in European Oak barrels.
- Ypióca: the unique golden colour of this cachaça is developed after spending 2 years in balsam wood.
Batida de Coco Recipe Ingredients
This homemade Brazilian cocktail recipe is made with fresh and healthy ingredients.
- Cachaça: we suggest using Leblon, Novo Fogo or Pitu.
- Condensed Milk: enjoy a creamy mouthfeel and added sweetness thanks to the addition of Condensed Milk.
- Coconut Milk: use Organic Coconut Milk for a thinner low cal option or Organic Coconut Cream for a richer mouthfeel.
- Toasted Coconut: garnish the rim of your glass with toasted coconut or make your own by lightly toasting shredded coconut flakes.
Batida de Coco Recipe Tips
This Batida de Coco recipe is easy to make at home, ready to serve in under 10 minutes.
We love serving our batida recipe on hot days in the summer at family barbecues, cottage happy hour and on a sun-soaked patio.
Our Batida de Coco recipe below serves 4 people. If you’re hosting a large gathering feel free to multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and muddle the drink in a punch bowl or jug rather than a cocktail shaker.
Before pouring the drink into a glass, squeeze a lime wedge around the rim then invert the glass onto a plate filled with toasted coconut.
Serve the drink in a collins glass or martini glass with whole ice cubes or crushed ice.
If you can’t find Cachaça at your local liquor store feel free to substitute with a bottle of your favourite white rum.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Irish Whiskey Sour Drink Cocktail Recipe
- Best Orange Gin & Yellow Gin For Cocktails
- Healthy Cucumber Gin and Tonic Cocktail Recipe
- Bushmills Cocktail: Irish Whiskey and Apple Juice Recipe
- Best Pink Gin Cocktails
- Best Gin Mixers
- Best Gay Cocktail Drinks To Enjoy During Pride
- Gay Bars Puerto Vallarta: Best Clubs, Cantinas and Cabarets
- Best Ottawa Cocktail Bars
- Best Cocktail Bars in Rochester
- Best Cocktails Bars in Calgary
- Best Cocktail Bars in Savannah
- Best Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Hong Kong
- 5 Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Manhattan
- Best Bali Bars for Cocktail Lovers
- Toronto’s Best Craft Cocktails at Bar Chef
- Shake Up Healthy Absolut Cocktails While Prancing Through Pride
- Celebrate TIFF by Sipping Cocktails at Toronto’s Best Luxury Hotels
- Splash Into Summer with These Sparkling Citrus Cocktails
- This Christmas Craft Festive Cocktails with Quality Chocolate
- Procreate Tutorial: How To Draw A Bottle
Best Batida de Coco Recipe
Batida de Coco Brazilian Coconut Cocktail
- measuring cups
- Cocktail Glasses
- 13.5 oz can Coconut Milk
- 14 oz can Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Cachaça or White Rum
- 1/4 cup Toasted Coconut
- Fill a pitcher or punch bowl with ice and set aside.
- Add the coconut milk, condensed milk and cachaça or white rum to a blender. Blend until fully combined and frothy.
- Pour the coconut cocktail into the ice-filled pitcher. Serve in toasted coconut rimmed glasses.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!