Looking to plan a summer holiday to visit one of the best German beaches?
The Grand Ahrenshoop is the best luxury hotel on Germany’s Baltic Coast. Located in the scenic artist colony of Ahrenshoop, its ranked as one of the best luxury beach resorts in Mecklenburg-Vorpommer.
The Grand Ahrenshoop is a boutique luxury hotel offering 81 swanky suites. You’ll also find a full-service spa, roof top restaurant and family-friendly water activities that can be enjoyed on the white sandy beach directly across the street.
The Grand Ahrenshoop
Since its foundation in 1891, the guests at Ahrenshoop’s best hotel have been romanced by breathtaking views of the Baltic Sea.
Over the years the iconic building has changed hands many times. In 1911, Miss von Walsleben purchased the Bogislav and after extensive renovations it opened as a hotel named Haus Wenden.
By 1919 the property had been purchased again, by Ribnitzer City Council and the Krefelder Silk Weavers, who renamed it Kurhaus. It was later nationalized in 1953 and operated under the name Kurhotel. Just one year later the GDR culture ministry was responsible for its management. In 1968, the old house had fallen into disrepair and closed.
In 2008, the vacant building was demolished and reopened two years later. After several name changes, The Grand Ahrenshoop as we know it today was unveiled in 2015.
While Ahrenshoop’s most luxurious address has a storied history, today it’s lauded throughout Germany for its modern architecture, warm hospitality and postcard-perfect views.
Luxury Accommodation in Ahrenshoop
The best hotels and resorts in Ahrenshoop are located on the north west side of the German beach resort. Stare out at the Baltic Sea from your balcony and you can photograph romantic sunsets that spread across the coast of Denmark.
The Grand Ahrenshoop’s rooms are broken down into three categories: single rooms, double rooms and suites. The boutique hotel offers a wide variety of accommodation options: from intimate Classic Rooms to the The Grand Loft on the 5th floor with 150 m² of living space and a 200 m² terrace.
Interiors include plush king-sized beds, colourful modern paintings, bright white bathrooms and floor-to-ceiling windows that open onto spacious balconies.
Room Amenities at The Grand Ahrenshoop
- Be sure to request a Baltic Sea view as all rooms include a spacious balcony
- Wheelchair accessible shower, bathtub, bidet, hairdryer and luxurious bath amenities
- Free minibar including beer, soda, water and snacks
- Air conditioning
- Free WiFi
- Flatscreen TV with satellite programming
- Direct dial telephone, safe and radio
The Grand Ahrenshoop Spa
Considered one of the best wellness resorts in Germany, The Grand Ahrenshoop’s full-service spa sprawls across 3000 square meters.
The Grand Spa in Ahrenshoop on the Baltic Sea features the largest fitness facility on the Darß. There are a variety of sports courses, a golf lounge with TrackMan 4, indoor swimming pool and series of steam rooms and saunas. The hotel also regularly hosts restorative yoga retreats.
For those keen on indulging in a relaxing spa getaway, The Grand Ahrenshoop’s spa offers an extensive wellness program including a variety of body and face rituals, therapeutic massages and other relaxing treats.
Traveling on a romantic honeymoon or simply want to enjoy a relaxing spa day with your partner? Be sure to inquire about the hotel’s private Spa Suite.
Use of the spa is free for hotel guests. Spa day passes can be purchased for visitors at €45 per person. The wellness facility is open from 9am-9pm daily.
The luxury hotel’s indoor spa is located on the main floor. Guests can often be found relaxing on lounge chairs that sit perched over the swimming pool, which is set at a comfortable 29° C.
The adjacent wellness room features a Finnish sauna, sanarium, steam bath, ice fountain, Kneipp foot bath, emotional shower and bucket shower.
The spa also features a pool bar, offering light meals, fresh salads and fruity-forward snacks, as well as revitalizing juices, teas and celebratory sparkling champagne.
Looking to indulge in a spa treatment at The Grand Ahrenshoop? Signature services include:
- Massages: aromatic oil, honey detox, coconut lemon stamp, foot reflexology, deep tissue, anti-stress and head, face and neck massage.
- Peelings: detoxifying, remineralizing full-body peeling for relaxing moments of wellbeing on the Baltic Sea.
- Body Rituals: foot bath, Himalayan salt ritual, lather ritual, body and face ritual.
- Body Wraps: individual body treatment, which gives elasticity and resilience. The treatment has a firming, filling and detoxifying effect.
- Beauty: eye treatment, manicure, pedicure, anti-aging collagen
Restaurants at The Grand Ahrenshoop
Ahrenshoop’s most luxurious resort is definitely a destination for gourmets on holiday. The boutique hotel on the Baltic Sea features three restaurant concepts:
- Restaurant Weitblick “Wide View”: the hotel’s signature restaurant and bar is located on the rooftop. It’s the most romantic restaurant in Ahrenshoop. Be sure to book a reservation in advance during the busy summer months as the patio gets packed at sunset. Seating is available both indoors and outdoors on a variety of benches, sun chairs and comfy lounge beds.
- Restaurant Bogislav: each morning guests at the hotel gather for a decadent breakfast buffet. Highlights include muesli, yogurt, croissants, pastries, cheese, charcuterie, smoked fish, cereal and a parade of hot German dishes.
- Cafe & Bar View: located directly across from the hotel’s lobby, this sun-soaked cafe and bar is a perfect place to indulge in a mid-day cake and coffee craving or late night apertivo.
Anyone visiting Ahrenshoop simply must pay a visit to Restaurant Weitblick. The Grand Ahrenshoop’s signature rooftop restaurant and bar is located on the 5th floor and offers romantic panoramic views of the Baltic coastline.
Ranked as the highest restaurant and bar on the Darß, guests flock here to enjoy creative cocktails, contemporary German dishes and fantastic 360 degree views.
- Red Beet Soup: yellow carrots, chive sour cream
- Dry-aged Smoked Pork: parsley mash/fermented garlic/apple sage compote/ jus
- Fillet of Pike Perch: dried fruits, risotto, cabbage, pickled chanterelles
- Whole Roasted Sole: wild broccoli, humus, flying fish roe, lobster mousse
- Steak Fillet: duck foie gras, radish, mini corn, celery, jus
Dorfstraße 45, 49-38220-6780
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.