Planning a getaway to Ontario cottage country and looking to book one of the best Muskoka hotels & resorts?
Our accommodation guide to Muskoka hotels offers detailed profiles on the best places to stay in Ontario cottage country.
Looking for the best couples resort in Muskoka for a romantic getaway? Love snowmobiling and skiing and keen to find the best Muskoka winter resorts? Or perhaps you’ve got kids and want to review the best Muskoka family resorts? We’ve got you covered!
Save this story to Pinterest!
History of Muskoka Hotels
Alexander P. Cockburn is responsible for a great deal of what Muskoka is today. Mr. Cockburn was the founder of the Muskoka Navigation Company, which at the time of his death, in 1905 was one of the largest in Canada.
In the Fall of 1865, Cockburn and his companions set out to explore Muskoka lake country. The scenic beauty he encountered inspired him and set in motion the idea of bringing steam navigation to the area. Upon his return he sent his friend Thomas D’Arcy McGee a report outlining his vision to bring tourists to the wild natural area.
He had promised to place a steamship on the lakes if the government would improve navigation by building a lock at Port Carling to join Lake Muskoka and Lake Rosseau and a canal at Port Sandfield joining Lake Rosseau and Lake Joseph. He also wanted roads improved and built throughout the region.
Mr. Cockburn went ahead with his plan and started construction of a steamship that was launched in 1866 and called the Wenonah, which to indigenous people means “eldest daughter.” Mr. Cockburn later became a political representative for the region as a member of the Provincial Legislature and the House of Commons.
The steamboat service encouraged an American, William H. Pratt to build the first Muskoka summer luxury wilderness resort known as Rosseau House at the top end of Lake Rosseau near the village of Hemsley, now know as Rosseau.
Thanks to the entrepreneurial minds of tourism magnets like Cockburn and Pratt, tourists from all over the world visit cozy Muskoka hotels and luxury resorts year-round so they can find inspiration in its breathtaking beauty.
Best Muskoka Resorts & Hotels
Looking for the best places to stay in Muskoka?
Ontario cottage country offers plenty of accommodation options depending on your price point. Most Muskoka hotels are located perched over freshwater lakes, away from the hustle and bustle of Toronto.
Muskoka hotels are often located conveniently near bustling towns like Huntsville, Bracebridge and Gravenhurst. Muskoka resorts typically offers water sports, outdoor adventure activities, fine dining restaurants and spa facilities. Muskoka hotels are typically more affordable as they focus on accommodation and dining for business travelers and seasonal winter tourism such as hunting and snowmobiling.
The best Muskoka hotels & resorts offer an excellent opportunity to experience the region’s natural beauty. Luxurious Muskoka hotels offer a relaxing getaway for couples looking enjoy postcard-perfect scenery and relaxing spa treatments. Many couples resorts in Muskoka offer package deals throughout the year to celebrate Valentine’s Day or anniversaries.
Muskoka family resorts are very popular in the summer months. During the high season children are off school, so families enjoy bonding over bonfires and canoe trips.
Some of the most popular family friendly accommodations in the region would best be described as Muskoka cottage resorts. Rather than traditional hotel accommodation, these Muskoka resorts allow families or groups of friends to rent out an entire cabin or cottage. We love Muskoka cottage resorts as guests have the opportunity to cook their own meals in the kitchen or outdoor barbecue.
1869 Muskoka District Road 118 West, 705-764-5353
Touchstone Resort sits perched over 22 acres of land on Lake Muskoka.
The Muskoka resort near Bracebridge was formerly known as Aston Villa, which was first built in 1945. The property was closed for several years for demolition and renovation, reopening as Touchstone Resort in 2010.
The 87-room luxury resort features a signature restaurant, spa, event space, infinity pool, hot tub, beach pool and sandy beach.
Touchstone Resort’s accommodations feature a range of room styles, from basic resort rooms to a 4 bedroom villa. Over 80% of the Muskoka resorts rooms offer guests romantic views overlooking Lake Muskoka.
Most of Touchstone Resort’s rooms and villas include a kitchenette, fireplace, balcony and air conditioning. Contemporary interiors feature cool earth tones and offer comfy couches, cozy reading nooks and sun-soaked private balconies.
- Touchstone Resort Restaurant: the luxury resort features a signature fine dining restaurant, Touchstone Grill. Guests can enjoy hand crafted cocktails paired with hearty dishes such as Chicken Parmesan and Coconut Shrimp.
- Touchstone Resort Spa: Amba Spa is located within the hotel, offering a luxurious wellness getaway for romantic couples. The full-service spa features 5 treatment rooms, 2 manicure and pedicure stations, a couples massage room, steam room, outdoor infinity pool and whirlpool.
- Touchstone Resort Fitness: the luxury Muskoka resort offers a 24 hour fitness centre, tennis, basketball and volleyball.
- Touchstone Resort Activities: Guests can enjoy fun activities all year long including canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, hiking trails, bird watching, snowshoeing, ice skating.
- Muskoka Family Resorts: families on holiday at Touchstone Resort can feel confident kids will have plenty of fun things to do year round.
1050 Paignton House Rd, 705-765-1900
Ranked as one of the best resorts in Muskoka, the JW Marriott on Lake Rosseau is a sweeping multi-faceted resort. It sits perched over a 100-foot granite bluff, a short drive from nearby Port Carling, Bala, Bracebridge and Parry Sound.
JW Marriott Muskoka first opened its doors in 2008. The hotel’s amenities are located in the main building with interiors and public spaces artfully designed by internationally recognized designer Frank Nicholson (who has also done work for Four Seasons Hotels and Ritz-Carlton properties).
In 2018, the Muskoka resort completely refurbished the look of its lobby, living room and public spaces. The recent interior design refresh was designed by mackaywong, reflecting the authentic cottage country soul of Muskoka through elegant artworks and natural elements.
Some of our favourite details reveal elements of the destination such as hand-painted canoe paddles on a woven-rope background in the lobby, lake maps within lamp shades at the Muskoka house, birch bark wallpaper and works by local artists featured in the hallway leading to the jaw-dropping Rosseau Ballroom.
The Muskoka’s hotel’s luxurious suites are distributed between two buildings – The Longview and Paignton House. JW Marriott Rosseau features 221 spacious studios and suites, many with balconies and heart-stopping views of Muskoka’s pretty lakes and woodlands.
Guest rooms include stone fireplaces, high-speed WIFI, 55″ high definition TVs, individual climate controls, ceiling fan, windows, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, galley to full kitchen (depending on room type) with refrigerator, in-room safe, plush bathrobes, luxurious oversized bathroom and separate bathtub and shower.
- JW Marriott Muskoka Resort Restaurants: the resort features 5 unique culinary concepts. Cottages serves a daily brunch buffet, Muskoka Chophouse offers a romantic steakhouse vibe, Teca serves Italian dishes and Lakes Bar is a chic cocktail bar. The the summer months Deck Restaurant serves drinks and bites by the outdoor pool.
- JW Marriott Muskoka Resort Spa: Spa Rosseau offers guests looking to primp and pamper a range of rejuvenating therapies and rituals including body wraps, Vichy treatments, massage and aesthetic services.
- JW Marriott Muskoka Resort Fitness: the 5 star Muskoka resort offers a year-round indoor-outdoor connecting pool and al fresco hot tub. Alongside the pool is a fitness centre, open 24 hours a day with a range of cardio and strength training equipment.
- JW Marriott Muskoka Resort Activities: Guests can enjoy fun activities all year long including canoeing, kayaking, pedal boating, stand up paddle boarding, cycling, hiking, birdwatching, night sky tours, yoga, floatplane tours, waterskiing, wakesurfing, wakeboarding, jet skiing, boating, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, segway tours and campfire cooking.
- Muskoka Family Resorts: families on holiday at JW Marriott Muskoka can take advantage of a unique Kids Club offering supervised crafts and activities. Kids can also enjoy nearby activities like wildlife and astronomy presentations, ice fishing, snowmobiling and horseback riding.
1209 Muskoka Beach Rd, 705-687-2233
Taboo Muskoka is the most luxurious resort near Gravenhurst. The property has been welcoming guests to the shores of Lake Muskoka since 1926, first as the Muskoka Beach Inn, when guests mainly arrived by horse and buggy from the Gravenhurst railway station, then from 1959, as the Muskoka Sands, and in 1985 as the Taboo we know today.
The popular Muskoka family resort offers chic suite and condo accommodation, relaxing cottage country restaurants and year-round activities. The properties Taboo Golf course is one of the top rated golf courses in Muskoka. The par 71 Ron Garl designed championship course is spread out over 300 acres of scenic forest scenery.
The luxurious lakeside resort in Gravenhurst features 59 spacious suites and 93 condos designed in a modernist style by Anna Simone. Taboo Resort’s guest rooms, suites and condos feature cotton poly blend sheets, a large flat screen LED television, in-room coffee maker and safe, high speed wireless internet, alarm clock radio with Bluetooth speaker and mobile device charger, iron and ironing board, complimentary movie channels, and European style bathroom.
We suggest booking a room with a balcony as they feature two Muskoka chairs. Sit back and relax as one of Muskoka’s legendary sunsets splashes across the sky before your very eyes!
- Taboo Muskoka Resort Restaurants: the 5 star resort features 3 culinary concepts. 19th Hole Gastro Pub is the resort’s year round dining room featuring a wood fired pizza oven. During the high season The Boathouse is Taboo’s signature restaurant offering lakeside dining at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bar 19 at the Upper Deck is a seasonal bar offering margarita’s, craft beer and trendy tacos.
- Taboo Muskoka Resort Fitness: the luxury Muskoka resort offers a fitness centre, 3 full-sized seasonal outdoor swimming pools, 5 tennis courts, basketball net and 8kms of nature trails.
- Taboo Muskoka Resort Activities: Guests can enjoy fun activities all year long including canoeing, kayaking, pedal boating, stand up paddle boarding, cycling, waterskiing, wakeboarding and jet skiing.
- Taboo Golf: one of the resort’s biggest draws its its golf course, which is consistently rated one of the top 50 courses in Canada. 15-minute tee time intervals.
- Muskoka Family Resorts: families on holiday at Taboo resort can feel confident kids will have plenty of fun things to do. Little ones can enjoy swimming, sandcastle making and fun children’s playground. The recreation department offers planned activities including guided morning hikes, evening bonfires and movie nights.
1235 Deerhurst Dr, 1-800-461-4393
Of all the luxury Muskoka hotel’s, Deerhurst is probably the most well-known. Locals love to remind you that the career of singer Shania Twain took off when she was one of the performers at the resort.
The luxury hotel famously hosted the 36th G8 Summit in 2010. International media descended on Huntsville to cover the event, which was attended by world leaders such as Angela Merkel, David Cameron and Barack Obama.
Deerhurst Resort dates back to 1896, when it was opened by English entrepreneur Charles Waterhouse. It was the first major resort on the northern lakes of Muskoka. In the early days, Deerhurst lodge was only accessible by steamship and the property was much smaller, just 4 acres of waterfront.
Today, Deerhurst has transformed into a 5 star luxury Muskoka resort. The property can now welcome over 1000 guests. There are over 20 different accommodation buildings nestled into neighbourhoods throughout the scenic natural landscape.
A contemporary yet rustic interior design aesthetic offers sleek, modern comfort along with a good night’s sleep on comfy beds topped with feather duvets and pillows. Those looking to book a Muskoka getaway can chose from romantic suites, modern resort homes and the newly built Lakeside Lodge.
The Lakeside Lodge is the first new accommodation style at Deerhurst Resort in 2 decades. Guests at the new Lakeside Lodge at Deerhurst Resort are located just steps away from a new outdoor pool and main beach. Contemporary interiors offers gas fireplaces, cozy living room, kitchen and balcony.
The properties Lakeside Lodge is a perfect option for those looking for Muskoka family resorts offering accommodation with up to three bedrooms.
- Deerhurst Muskoka Resort Restaurants: the 5 star resort features 4 unique culinary concepts. Eclipse is the hotel’s famous buffet restaurant, offering Muskoka’s longest running Sunday brunch. At Compass Grill diners can enjoy tapas and Swiss fondue. Maples Pub overlooks the golf course and features a seasonal outdoor patio. The Antler Steakhouse offers a romantic fine dining room from May to October.
- Deerhurst Muskoka Resort Spa: Amba Spa is located within the hotel, offering a luxurious wellness getaway for romantic couples. The full-service spa is a 8,000 sq ft oasis featuring 6 treatment rooms, 8 manicure and pedicure stations, couples massage room, steam room, swimming pool and whirlpool.
- Deerhurst Muskoka Resort Fitness: the luxury Muskoka resort offers a 24 hour fitness centre, rock climbing wall, outdoor tennis courts and indoor pool with hot tub.
- Deerhurst Muskoka Resort Activities: Guests can enjoy fun activities all year long including canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, cycling, boat cruise, water skiing, cable wakeboarding, flyboarding, jet ski, paintball, treetop trekking, paint nights, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and skating.
- Deerhurst Golf: one of the Muskoka resort’s biggest draws its its two 18-hole golf courses: Deerhurst Lakeside and Deerhurst Highlands. Deerhurst Resort’s golf courses are regularly ranked in the top 50 in North America.
- Muskoka Family Resorts: families on holiday at Deerhurst Resort can feel confident kids will have plenty of fun things to do year round. Kids can enjoy indoor rock climbing, indoor treehouse playspace, Escape Cabins, Stargazers Ridge Amusements, Petting Farm, Yamaha Youth ATV Tours, Junior Golf Camps, Splash Zone and Summer Kids Adventure Camps.
848 Clearwater Lake Rd, 705-385-1212
Nestled among 86 acres of scenic forest and woodlands, Trillium Resort & Spa offers the perfect adults-only vacation getaway in Muskoka. The pet friendly Muskoka hotel is located between Huntsville and Bracebridge in the quaint town of Port Sydney on Devine Lake.
Trillium Resort is an all seasons hotel, offering guests a cozy Farmhouse Lounge and romantic Dining Room. The property also offers a spa, tennis courts, outdoor pool, hot tub, sauna, volleyball, fire pit, boat house and sandy beach. The Muskoka resort also features endless nature trails for hiking, snowshoeing and snowmobiling.
Trillium Resort’s accommodations feature 6 chalets facing the lake, a chalet overlooking a waterfall, and 10 “bedsitting” cottages.
All Trillium Resort & Spa accommodations have a flat screen TV, DVD player, CD player, radio, wireless internet, hairdryer, mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Guests can pick from a large selection of complimentary DVDs as there is no satellite or cable television.
All accommodations have a gas fireplace or wood-burning stove, as well as electric heating. The Main Lodge offers air conditioning; the accommodations do not. All accommodations are equipped with fans and window curtains to keep the rooms cool during the summer season.
Trillium Resort’s most luxurious accommodation is The Falling Water Chalet, a perfect suite for honeymoon couples. The stylish chalet is located beside a tumbling waterfall and features a dining room, kitchen, terrace and full bathroom with bubble tub.
- Trillium Muskoka Resort Restaurant: the resort’s signature restaurant offers casual dining inside a historic 1819 Muskoka lodge. Enjoy a seasonally inspired menu with panoramic views over the lake.
- Trillium Muskoka Resort Spa: Trillium Spa offers a luxurious wellness getaway for romantic couples. The full-service spa is located in an airy 5,000 sq ft post and beam building. It offering 3 floors of spa services such as massage, body therapies, facials and beauty services.
- Trillium Muskoka Resort Fitness: the Muskoka resort offers a fitness centre, outdoor tennis courts, outdoor pool and hot tub. Trillium Resort also regularly hosts yoga and wellness retreats.
- Trillium Muskoka Resort Activities: Guests can enjoy fun activities all year long including canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, cycling, volleyball, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, ice skating and cross country skiing.
1755 Valley Rd, 705-789-2301
Hidden Valley is a popular Muskoka winter resort located in Huntsville. The all-seasons family resort is the only hotel in Muskoka located on a ski and snowboard hill. If you’re looking to enjoy an alpine holiday with your family or friends, Hidden Valley Resort is your best option in Muskoka.
The Muskoka ski resort offers 15 groomed trails, 3 quad chairlifts, one handle tow, 2 snow cats, night skiing and a terrain park for snowboarders. Those looking to book a Muskoka winter resort can also enjoy tobogganing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, winter sleigh rides, biking in the snow, snowmobiling and an ice rink for skating and hockey fans.
The pet friendly boutique hotel in Muskoka offers romantic couples and families plenty to do on a cottage country getaway. The Huntsville hotel offers an indoor and outdoor pool, sauna, private beach area and restaurant.
Hidden Valley Resort’s accommodations feature luxurious guest rooms featuring king sized beds or two queens. Each room showcases Muskoka style elegance blended with natural décor. Room amenities include plush duvets and pillows, television, air conditioning, hairdryer, iron, fridge and WiFi.
- Hidden Valley Muskoka Resort Restaurant: the 4 star resort offers a signature culinary concept called Birches Restaurant. Diners enjoy views over Peninsula Lake while forking through Chef Guy Bedard’s breakfast, lunch and dinner menus.
- Hidden Valley Muskoka Resort Activities: Guests can enjoy fun activities all year long including skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, skating, canoeing, swimming, tennis, fishing, basketball, beach volleyball and onsite fitness centre.
- Muskoka Family Resorts: families on holiday at Hidden Valley Resort can feel confident kids will have plenty of fun things to do year round. Children keen to learn to ski and snowboard can sign up for Kids Camp each winter. The resort also offers board games, games room and movie room.
2900 Kellys Rd, 705-538-2272
Rawley Resort is located on a historical property in Port Severn, where Christie’s lumber mill operated during the 19th century. Later in 1922, Edgar Otto Rawson, a civil engineer along with his wife Mabel, and her brother James Gawley built a 3 storey fishing lodge on the site.
The Rawley brand was created by combining the families two last names, Rawson and Gawley. In 2005 the original property enjoyed a major facelift, transforming into a luxury 4 star resort featuring chic suites and cottages, fine dining restaurant, spa and marina.
Rawley Resort’s 16 slip marina is located at Lock 45 at Port Severn in the Trent Severn Canal. The Muskoka hotel offers day and overnight dockage. In the warm summer months you’ll find lots of local cottagers tying up their boats to enjoy a cocktail at sunset.
The dog-friendly Muskoka hotel offers several accommodation options including spacious suites, walk out terraces, contemporary lofts and an exclusive LakeHouse.
Many of Rawley Resort’s accommodations feature flat screen satellite TV, kitchen, living room, electric fireplace, full bathroom with Aveda amenities, coffee maker, complimentary coffee/tea and Tesla Electric vehicle charging stations.
- Rawley Muskoka Resort Restaurant: the 4 star resort features 3 unique culinary concepts. Enjoy casual al fresco dining at the Waterside Patio, live entertainment at Piano Bar & Lounge and fine dining feast at The Lighthouse45 Restaurant.
- Rawley Muskoka Resort Spa: LakeHouse Spa offers a luxurious wellness getaway for romantic couples. The full-service spa offers massage, body therapies, facials and beauty services.
- Rawley Muskoka Resort Fitness: the Muskoka resort offers a fitness room featuring a variety of exercise equipment. The facility is open 24 hours a day from June to October.
- Rawley Muskoka Resort Activities: Guests can enjoy fun activities all year long including charity casino nights, lighthouse observation deck, outdoor salt water pool, gorgeous gardens, cycling and snowmobiling.
2508 Windermere Rd, 705-769-3611
Looking to stay at one of the most historic luxury Muskoka hotels? The history of Windermere House on Lake Rosseau dates back to the 1860s when Thomas Aitken, who journeyed from his home in Scotland’s Shetland Islands first received visiting sportsmen as guests.
The stately Muskoka manor house later grew as steamboat services expanded to provide two calls each summer day at the Windermere wharf. Local tourism swelled with the advent of the railway to Gravenhurst providing easier transportation for visitors to the lakes.
In 1996, Windermere House was tragically destroyed by fire during the filming of The Long Kiss Goodnight starring Geena Davis. “The Lady of the Lake,” was immediately rebuilt in the image of its former historic glory, ready to accept guests in the summer of 1997.
Today, Windermere House is operated as a seasonal Muskoka resort, from late Spring to Thanksgiving long weekend. The Muskoka hotel offers 56 chic rooms and suites, and luxurious private, well-appointed 4-bedroom cottages. All rooms are elegantly furnished and offer plasma televisions, Le Labo bath amenities and complimentary breakfast.
If you’re a couple looking for a romantic Muskoka getaway we suggest booking one of Windermere Houses’s lakeview suites, featuring spacious balconies. The properties beachfront cottages are a perfect option for those looking for Muskoka family resorts offering multi-room accommodation for kids.
- Windermere House Restaurants: the 5 star Muskoka resort features 4 culinary concepts. Rosseau Grill offers a romantic fine dining experience while Windermere Pub features live music in a casual atmosphere. Head to the Lobby Bar for craft beer or cocktail and scenic Verandah for sushi.
- Windermere House Spa: the Muskoka hotel’s AMBA Health and Beauty Spa offers massages, facials, body treatments, manicures and pedicures.
- Windermere House Activities: Guests can enjoy summer activities including outdoor pool, canoeing, kayaking, wakeboarding water skiing, pedal boating, cycling, tennis, basketball, shuffleboard, badminton, bocce ball and volleyball.
- Windermere House Golf: the historic Windermere Golf & Country Club was established in 1919 and offers a scenic 18 hole course featuring 14 ponds, bent grass putting greens and spectacular views.
- Muskoka Family Resorts: families on holiday at Windermere House can feel confident their kids will have plenty of fun things to do. The resort offers plenty of outdoor summer fun for all ages.
116 Gloucester Trail in Port Severn, 1-800-461-5817
Severn Lodge is one of Ontario’s premier lakeside resorts in the heart of the Muskoka Georgian Bay lake district. For over 150 years Severn Lodge has been ranked as one of the best Muskoka family resorts to visit during the summer.
The Muskoka hotel’s Main Lodge was originally built in the mid 1800s when it served as a headquarters for the Georgian Bay Lumber Company. Later in the early 1920’s a group of investors purchased the resort and opened it to the public under the name of Severn Lodge.
The popular Muskoka resort is located in Port Severn on a sprawling 100 acre property. Severn Lodge offers guests a 700 metre waterfront, which overlook a scenic landscape dotted with pretty pine topped islands.
Severn Lodge is truly a first class Muskoka resort for families. Many children visit friends at the Muskoka resort each summer, which end up lasting a lifetime. Most nights during the summer there is evening entertainment offered at the lakeside Regatta Room.
Severn Lodge’s all inclusive resort vacation and getaway packages feature luxury accommodations delicious meals, and a variety of recreational activities.
All of Severn Lodge’s accommodations are in buildings surrounding the Main Lodge and enjoy lake views. There are hotel-style rooms for couples and smaller families and 2 bedroom units for larger families. They are available with All Inclusive Packages that include meals, use of most resort recreation facilities, summertime supervised kids activities and evening entertainment.
There are also cottages and suites with kitchens for those that want the flexibility to eat in or dine out. Many of the resort’s accommodations include individual bathroom with tub and shower, deluxe bath amenities, fireplaces, lakeside seating area, satellite TV, small fridge, coffee maker and deck, patio or balcony.
- Severn Lodge Restaurant: the friendly Muskoka family resort offers guests a fine country dining room with a waterfront view. Mornings are offered as a breakfast buffet. Lunch can be enjoyed a la carte or as a poolside barbecue. Dinner is served in the Main Lodge and offers a daily selection of 4-5 entrees.
- Severn Lodge Fitness: the Muskoka resort offers heated outdoor pool, lake water swimming and whirlpool spa.
- Severn Lodge Activities: Guests can enjoy fun summer activities including canoeing, kayaking, tennis, shuffleboard, inflatable water park, badminton, volleyball, basketball, hiking trails, mountain bikes, games room, fishing and boat cruises.
- Muskoka Family Resorts: In the summer months there are supervised activities for children of various age groups along with live evening entertainment. Supervised children’s activities are both educational and fun-filled. The property also features a dedicated Kid’s Club Craft Room.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Best Muskoka Spas
- Best Restaurants in Muskoka
- Best Bracebridge Restaurants
- Best Port Carling Restaurants
- Best Huntsville Ontario Restaurants
- Best Gravenhurst Restaurants
- Muskoka Breweries: Best Craft Beer in Ontario Cottage Country
- JW Marriott Muskoka: Luxury Resort on Lake Rosseau
- Lake of Bays Brewing: Muskoka Craft Beer in Baysville
- Muskoka Brewery: Enjoy a Tour and Craft Beer Tasting in Bracebridge
- Best Things to Do at Taboo Resort in Muskoka
- 10 Tips on Hosting the Ultimate Cottage Weekend
- Windermere House on Lake Rosseau in Muskoka
- Plan the Ultimate Canadian Road Trip
- Best Luxury Boutique Hotels in Ontario
- Best Weekend Getaways from Toronto
- Glamping in Ontario: Best Luxury Tented Camps
- Procreate Tutorial: How To Draw A Cottage
1006 Clear Lake Rd, 705-571-1814
Muskoka Beer Spa launched in 2020 and is located in the town of Torrance near Port Carling. The new all seasons Muskoka hotel & resort is brought to you by the owners of Clearlake Brewing, which is located directly across the street.
Clearlake Brewing is ranked as one of the best breweries in Muskoka, featuring a popular restaurant, beer bar and retail store. The brewery’s kitchen provides the food and beverage program at Muskoka Beer Spa. Expect to indulge in fresh pints paired with nachos, wings, gourmet sandwiches, salads and burgers.
Dubbed “the world’s largest Beer Spa,” Muskoka Beer Spa is the first of its kind in North America. The spa features hot and cold pools, Swedish saunas and steam rooms, body therapies, beauty treatments, live entertainment and a brewery restaurant.
Formerly Clear Lake Village Resort, the cabins and property have undergone a metamorphosis to evolve into the new vision of Muskoka Beer Spa. The casual, carefree and local beer-loving Muskoka resort offers 20 cozy cabins outfitted with 2 or 3 bedrooms.
Muskoka Beer Spa is a family and kid friendly hotel & resort. Families with children and teens can enjoy the beach and playground on the property. Important to note, the beer spa is an adults only area as it is licensed. Parents who want to sip suds while relaxing in a hot tub fret not! Kids can enjoy a fun program each day at the beach.
Overnight guests enjoy daily housekeeping, towel service, full access to the Beer Spa, complimentary rental of an outdoor cabana and preferred booking for beauty treatments and aesthetic services.
Guests at Muskoka Beer Spa enjoy draught taps from a custom keg fridge and complimentary junk food. In the morning guests are served complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa and freshly baked pastries.
In an ode to old school, their are VCR’s located in each cabin and a VHS library featuring classic family favourites.
Review Our Travel Checklist When Planning Your Next Adventure!
Find the best flights on Skyscanner
Never travel without insurance! We suggest World Nomads comprehensive coverage as it includes over 250 adventure activities such as scuba diving, bungee jumping and surfing.
If you’re planning a road trip make sure to compare the best local car rental options.
Looking to book a tour or VIP experience on holiday? Book the best local tours on Viator.
Be sure to check your travel destinations electrical plug requirements in advance. If you travel often be sure to purchase a multi-region adaptor.
Whether you’re marching through a city or exploring a rugged rural landscape, it’s important to ensure you’re traveling with comfortable footwear. We suggest these comfortable walking shoes for urban adventures or these waterproof hiking boots when embarking on a hike holiday.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.
Save this story to Pinterest!