Looking to book a romantic luxury getaway at Bulgari Resort Bali?
Ranked as the best 5 star hotel in Bali, the Bulgari Resort is located near Uluwatu Temple. The resort is popular with romantic couples and honeymooners, who come here to be pampered within their very own chic private villas.
Save this story to Pinterest so you can look at it later!
Bulgari Hotels & Resorts
Bulgari Hotels & Resorts aims to be the leading luxury hospitality collection in the world. The fashion-forward brand currently manages posh properties in Milan, London and Bali, and will soon unveil new editions in Shanghai, Beijing, Dubai and Moscow.
Each Bulgari property offers unique physical characteristics that make it truly remarkable. A strong reference to the local culture, yet designed with an Italian contemporary luxury feel, enriched by rare and lavish materials, featuring design furniture and custom built details.
On my recent visit to their jaw-dropping property in Bali it’s clear the timeless Roman brand has raised the bar for well-heeled travellers looking to indulge in an out of this world experience.
Best Romantic Bali Tours
- Sunrise in Bali: Mount Batur Hiking and Coffee Plantation Tour: Get an early-morning start for this pre-dawn trek up Mt Batur and view an unforgettable sunrise from atop the active Kintamani volcano.
- Bali Beach and Bar Hopping Tour by Custom 1980 VW Kombi Bus: Visit some of Bali’s top beaches and beach bars in a unique and memorable way on this small-group tour by vintage VW Kombi bus.
- Bali Monkey Forest, Mengwi Temple, and Tanah Lot Afternoon Tour: Explore the beautiful Balinese countryside in search of the monumental Royal Temple of Mengwi, a structure thronged with shrines, intricate carvings and protective moats.
- Bali Reef Cruise and Lembongan Island Day Trip: Drop anchor at a private pontoon and plunge into the crystal clear waters to enjoy an array of exhilarating activities; feel your adrenaline levels surge as you slide down waterslides and ride fast-paced banana boats; and discover the magnificent marine life below the surface while snorkelling.
- Bali Sunset Dinner Cruise: Sail over the shimmering seas surrounding Bali on an enchanting 3-hour sunset dinner cruise. Admire spectacular views of the Benoa coast and harbor as the setting sun casts an incandescent glow over the water.
- Uluwatu Sunset Kecak Dance & Jimbaran Seafood Dinner: Watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean and enjoy an alfresco seafood dinner on the beach during this Bali evening tour.
Bulgari Resort Bali History
Bulgari Resort Bali opened its 59-villa property in September 2006 and is located in one of the most exclusive destinations in the world, combining the breathtaking beauty and unspoiled nature of Bali beach resorts with a sophisticated contemporary design born from the encounter between traditional Balinese forms and high Italian style.
Located near the village of Pecatu and the stunning cliff-top site of the Uluwatu Temple, on the island’s far southwestern tip, the resort is uniquely positioned at more than 150 metres above the sea.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Bulgari Resort Bali Design
The landscape has been designed with an eye for traditional Balinese yards and gardens. The resort’s terraces have been created following the ground’s natural inclination.
Typical plants have been selected and original timber has been kept and relocated within the new landscape. Frangipane trees, a ubiquitous presence in Bali, are scattered throughout Bulgari Resort with their white blossoms spreading a sweet fragrance from morning to midnight.
Designed by architects Antonio Citterio Patricia Viel and Partners, the resort’s layout and overall design incorporates the culture and natural elements of Bali.
The hotel has been built and furnished using hand-cut volcanic stones, rich exotic woods and refined fabrics. Natural lava and palimanan stone are used for the garden and interior walls, refined bangkiray hardwood in the villas, natural green-colored sukabumi stone to clad outdoor showers, plunge and swimming pools.
A collection of exquisite Balinese antiques and exotic art pieces also adorn the resort. Furniture and decorative details, such as stemware, flatware, ceramics and woven fabrics, were designed and produced in Bali by a team of local artists and designers in collaboration with the resort’s architects.
Bulgari Resort Bali Boutique
The resort’s recently launched Bulgari Boutique is the first and only Bulgari store in Bali.
It offers fashion fans the unique opportunity to browse at leisure and enjoy Bulgari jewellery, watches, accessories and fragrance collection as well as a special Bulgari Hotels and Resorts, Bali collection of silk shirts, swimming suits and hats, exclusively sold at the resort.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Bulgari Resort Bali Accommodation
The property is comprised of 58 villas with ocean views, 5 mansions offering 3 to 5-bedroom accommodations, and excessively opulent 1,300 sqmr Bulgari Villa. Around each guest room you’ll find a lush garden, private infinity pool and open-air living room with a view of the Indian Ocean.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Bathrooms are outfitted with chic black Terrazzo flooring, an oversized bathtub and two showers, one located inside, the other one in the garden. Lather yourself in luxury with a collection of BVLGARI’s finest bath products which will be sure to keep you feeling refined and fresh.
- Bulgari Resort Bali 1 Bedroom Villa: One bedroom villas feature a tropical garden, open-air seating area, enormous bathroom and private plunge pool. Available as an ocean view or cliff view.
- Bulgari Resort Bali 2 Bedroom Villa: Two bedroom villas are perfect for families and include a lounge area, indoor living room, studio, garden plunge pool and outdoor shower.
- Bulgari Resort Bali Mansions: The resort’s most luxurious private accommodations feature 2-5 bedroom mansions. Mansions include a private elevator, Miele kitchen appliances, private pool and garden, gazebo, dining room and bar.
Bulgari Resort Bali Spa
A unique space, exclusive treatments – based on traditional Asian traditions and techniques – are the distinguishing features of the oceanfront Bulgari Resort Bali Spa.
The architecture here reflects an overall contemporary approach to design combined with traditional Balinese elements such as an antique Joglo house from Java, dismantled and precisely relocated at the site, as well as the same precious native woods extensively used throughout the resort.
The Spa features a prevalence of water ponds and large windows creating a blend of surfaces and chromatic harmonies to offer a modern and relaxing environment.
Six fully equipped treatment rooms and 2 royal pavilions with outdoor gardens, outdoor rain showers and plunge pools complete the layout. A unique concept of service and traditional Asian techniques – enhanced by modern practices in physiology and natural E’SPA products –ensure the most personalized and attentive care.
CHECK DATES & RATES
The exclusive collection of “Bulgari Signature Experiences” includes The Unforgettable Double Bulgari Royal Lulur, a royal ritual experience realized by four highly experienced therapists (two for each guest) who work in synchronized harmony to deliver a unique treatment that includes a body massage rich in exotic oils and herbs.
Each treatment begins with a Balinese foot ritual, while organic tonics such as tamarind juice or hibiscus ice tea are offered to guests to complete the Spa experience.
Bulgari Resort Bali Restaurants
The resort features 4 award-winning restaurants that offer a unique and creative taste of Italy and Bali.
Located at the edge of a cliff and distinguished by a magnificently illuminated ceiling and traditional woven lamps, Sangkar Restaurant at Bulgari Resort Bali offers a menu of international specialties
The kitchen creatively combines popular Indonesian dishes with contemporary culinary techniques. Throughout the day, guests can enjoy Balinese dishes such as tamarind chicken breast or bamboo shoot and vegetable curry with turmeric-scented rice.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali
- The Viceroy Bali Luxury Resort
- Komaneka Tanggayuda Luxury Resort in Bali
- Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
- 15 Must Try Tastes in Bali
- 5 Luxury Hotel Cocktail Bars in Bali
- A Road Trip to Bali’s Bukit Peninsula
- Gay Paradise Found in Bali’s Swanky Seminyak
- A Motorcycle Adventure in Search of Bali’s Mother Temple
- Paradise Found in Ubud, Bali’s Spiritual Heart
- Travel to Gili Trawangan in Indonesia
Bulgari Resort Bali offers a cozy and intimate restaurant and bar where guests enjoy the best and fresh grilled seafood in Bali or the renowned Herbojito cocktail, while benefiting from the cool and nice sea-breeze as well as the magnificent views over the Indian Ocean.
Located under the cliff, over the stretch of white sand beach, La Spiaggia is one of the most jaw-dropping bars in Bali. It is available exclusively to guests from 12pm to 4:30pm and accessible only by funicular.
CHECK DATES & RATES
The white sand beach between the cliff and water’s edge is inaccessible to the general public by both ground and sea, as it is protected by a coral reef. The only access is from the resort’s inclined elevator that takes guests to and from Bulgari’s intimate Beach Club.
Laze your afternoon away on a luxurious lounge chair and you’ll find yourself enjoying a front row seat to the wild wonders of the Indian Ocean. The waves here are truly hypnotizing, best enjoyed while sipping a refreshing glass of white sangria as dolphins frolic and foam from the ocean froths across golden sand.
Head to the resort’s terraced lounge an hour before sunset and enjoy a sophisticated vibe as blue skies transform into pink, orange and purple.
The bar’s ellipse arch counter offers a tip of the hat to Bulgari Hotel in Milan, while a massive stone, entirely chiselled by nature, has been turned into a sculptural centrepiece.
The mixology program here is top drawer, featuring a choir of craft cocktails inspired by local tropical fruits and selection of classic Italian thirst quenchers such as the Amalfi Coast’s fave, Aperol Spritz
Il Ristorante-Luca Fantin
Overlooking a reflection pool, the resort’s signature Italian restaurant, Il Ristorante, pays homage to classical Italian specialties in a seductive ambience.
Open exclusively for dinner, the 36-seat restaurant features creative interpretations of classical Italian cuisine, perfectly blending the finest imported Italian ingredients with the island’s bountiful organic produce.
CHECK DATES & RATES
Il Ristorante offers a selection of over 200 wines, predominantly Italian labels and the finest selection of both new and old world wines, including exclusive collections of Champagne.
It’s one of Bali’s most refined restaurants (pants only gents) and a perfect place to indulge in hand rolled pasta, delicate truffle, creamy burrata and sweet balsamico.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- The Best Luxury Resorts in Bali
- The Stones Hotel Legian Bali by Autograph Collection
- Hard Rock Hotel Bali
- W Bali Luxury Resort in Seminyak
- Katamama Luxury Hotel in Seminyak Bali
- The St. Regis Resort in Bali
- The Laguna Luxury Collection Resort in Bali
- Jamahal Private Resort in Bali
Review Our Travel Checklist When Planning Your Next Adventure!
Find the best flights on Skyscanner
Never travel without insurance! We suggest World Nomads comprehensive coverage as it includes over 250 adventure activities such as scuba diving, bungee jumping and surfing.
If you’re planning a road trip make sure to compare the best local car rental options.
Looking to book a tour or VIP experience on holiday? Book the best local tours on Viator.
Be sure to check your travel destinations electrical plug requirements in advance. If you travel often be sure to purchase a multi-region adaptor.
Whether you’re marching through a city or exploring a rugged rural landscape, it’s important to ensure you’re traveling with comfortable footwear. We suggest these comfortable walking shoes for urban adventures or these waterproof hiking boots when embarking on a hike holiday.
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation or tour through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.