San Jose del Cabo’s newest culinary gem is La Lupita, a watering hole which is already hugely popular with locals. The restaurant and bar offers a long list of creative taco creations, the regions best craft beer list and an impressive 30+ mezcal menu which features limited edition, award winning bottles.
Start your night by relaxing at the restaurant’s backyard al fresco patio while sipping your way through a boozy mezcal trio. I shot back three of the owners favourites which are served in hollowed out seed husks and accompanied by worm salt and wedges of sweet orange. For those hankering for hungry the menu offers a nice selection of salads, soups and extensive taco offering which celebrates both traditional recipes (such as Concinita Pibil) and creative creations such as their popular Greek inspired tzatziki slathered lamb kebab.
1) Martini Tamarindo | mezcal, tamarindo, limon, worm salt rim
2) Baked Regional Cheese | cheese and chorizo from milaflores, banana leaf, beans, avocado, tortilla
3) Cochinita Pibil | tender pork, axiote, carrot, habanero puree, xnipec sauce, blue corn
4) Roasted Ribs | short ribs, fresh goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, baby arugula, chipotle, blue corn
5) Shrimp and Chipotle | creamy chipotle sauce, fried parsley