Crown Princess Toronto is considered one of the best brunch places in Toronto. Looking to find the best Chinese food in Toronto? Join weekend brunch fans at this luxurious Toronto dim sum restaurant.
Crown Princess Toronto Restaurant
Crown Princess Fine Dining is located a short walk from Yorkville and the Church & Wellesley Village. The fancy Chinese Yorkville restaurant is ranked as one of the best spots for Toronto dim sum. Its interior is pretty and posh, making it one of the most luxurious spots to enjoy Sunday brunch dim sum in downtown Toronto.
Step inside and you’ll find crystal chandeliers floating from the ceiling. The dining room fills with natural sunlight thanks to floor to ceiling windows that overlook the bustle on Bay Street. The soft and supple floors at Crown Princess Toronto are covered in a luxurious blue and gold carpet. Impressive multi-coloured marble walls shine beside ornate Rococo mirrors and quaffed cushions.
Toronto’s Crown Princess location is actually a sister property to the equally opulent Crown Princess in Markham. Both restaurants clearly court Toronto’s Chinese wedding planners and visiting Hong Kong expense accounts.
Service at Crown Princess Toronto
Upon arrival head straight over to the hostess to get your parties name on the waiting list. On weekends, Crown Princess Fine Dining fancycaters to hungry crowds of Toronto dim sum lovers. The place really bustles, so expect to wait for 15-30 minutes before being seated.
Once at your table you’ll find some of the best Chinese food in Toronto whizzing right past you. Food runners appear as a fleet of fancy French maids, arms piled high with bamboo steamers.
Crown Princess Toronto Menu
The popular Toronto Chinese restaurant is open 7 days a week. Monday to Friday you’ll find a lengthy and luxurious lunch and dinner menu. During the week lunch service caters to local residents, corporate power lunchers, and tourists staying in neighbouring Yorkville. In the evening Crown Princess Toronto serves elegant multi-course meals. It’s also a popular venue for Chinese wedding banquets.
Saturday and Sunday morning is when Toronto dim sum lovers arrive to feast on dumplings and sip hot cups of jasmine tea. Arrive before 11am to avoid the crowds and take advantage of reduced prices.
The dim sum dishes at Crown Princess Toronto are listed as either small ($3.10), medium ($4.30), large ($5.30), XL ($6.30) or Special (best to inquire about the price before you order so you aren’t irked by the final bill).
Crown Princess Toronto Dim Sum
Chef Caleb Pang’s dim sum menu offers classics like har gao and siu mai. You’ll also find inspiring contemporary interpretations decorated in truffle and foie gras mousse. Attention to detail in the kitchen is evident as common fish roe is swapped out for caviar, helping elevate each bite.
- Seafood Soup Dumpling
- Shrimp Dumpling – Har Gow
- Goose Liver & Caviar Siu Mai
- Zen Vegetarian Dumpling
- Scallop & Shrimp Dumpling
- Sticky Rice with Chicken Meat Wrap in Lotus Leaf
- Chicken Feet with Chef’s Sauce
- Chicken with Ginger Bun
- BBQ Pork Bun
- Vegetable and Chicken Dumpling with Peanut in Chiu Chow Style
- Snow Pea with Scallop and Shrimp Dumpling
- Beef Tripe with Spicy XO Sauce
- Steamed Lamb with Spicy XO Sauce
- Beef Ball with Preserved Orange Peel
- Spare Pork Rib with Black Bean Sauce
- Bean Curd Roll with Oyster Sauce
- Steamed Baby Squid in Curry Sauce
- Glutinous Rice Dumpling with Egg Yolk
Baked & Fried
- Duck Breast with BBQ Sauce
- Fried Octopus Tentacles
- Pan Fried Chive Shrimp
- Pan Fried Beef Ribs with Maggie Sauce
- Deep Fried Shrimp with Mayo
- Fried Sticky Dumpling with Chicken
- Pan Fried Turnip Cake with Pork
- Deep Fried Shrimp Roll
- Crispy Taro with Mushroom Dumpling
- Pan Fried Bun with Pork, Shrimps and Onions
- Baked BBQ Pork Puff Pastry
- Japanese Pan Fried Chicken with Vegetables
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Not Just Noodles in Toronto
- Mothers Dumplings in Toronto
- Rol San Restaurant in Toronto
- Dumpling Queen in Toronto
- Dim Sum Brunch at Luckee in Toronto
- Hainanese Comfort Food at Jackpot Chicken Rice
- Get Your Hackka Fix at Yueh Tung Restaurant in Toronto
- Pearl Harbourfont Chinese Cuisine in Toronto
Steamed Rice Noodle Roll
- Shrimp and Vegetable
- Beef Rice Noodle with Black Truffle
- BBQ Pork
- Rice Noodle Wrapped with Pork and Shrimp
- Spicy XO Sauce with Scallop
- Fish Maw Congee
- Preserved Egg with Clam and Vegetable Congee
- Pumpkin Congee with Corn
- Chicken with Canopy and Snow Pea Congee
Crown Princess Toronto Chef Recommendations
- Crispy Fried Tofu
- Lotus Root with Salty Egg Yolk
- Stuffed Crab Claw Stick
- Bitter Melon with Salty Egg Yolk
- Boiled Choy Sum with House Stock
- Braised Lettuce with Fermented Bean Curd
- Spicy Beef with Cucumber
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Deep Fried Eggplant with Salt and Pepper
- Thai-style Prawn
- Seafood Hot & Sour Soup
- Shrimp Wonton Soup
- Sweet & Sour Pork
- Singaporean-style Stir Fried Turnip Cake
- Crispy Noodle with Mushrooms
- Fried Rice Stick with Shrimp
- Seafood Fried Rice Noodle with Chili Sauce
- Stir Fried Rice Noodle with Beef
- Fried Crispy Noodle with Shredded Pork
- Seafood Fried Rice with Chinese Prosciutto
- Cantonese Fried Noodle
- Hokkien Fried Rice
- Eel & Shrimp Fried Rice with Avocado
- Yeung Chow Fried Rice
Crown Princess Toronto Dessert Dishes
- Baked Salted Egg Yolk Paste Bun
- Fresh Fruit with Cream
- Bake Durian Pastry
- Milk Tart with Bird’s Nest
- Sweet Almond Pancake with Nuts
- Sweet Egg Yolk Paste Layer Cake
- Mango Pudding
- Sesame Ball, Lotus Paste, Almond Custard
- Cold Coconut Cake
- Steamed Milk Pudding with Ginger Juice
- Baked Tapioca and Lotus Paste
Crown Princess Toronto Hours
Saturday and Sunday 9am-11pm
Crown Princess Toronto Parking
- Underground parking at 1033 Bay Street. $5.00 flat rate after 6:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
- Across the street from Crown Princess, St. Basil’s Cathedral offers $5.00 flat rate after 5:00 p.m. everyday.
- Street parking on both sides of Crown Princess Fine Dining.
1033 Bay Street, 416-923-8784