For three weekends in January the Niagara region is transformed into a wintry wonderland, in celebration of one of Canada’s most cherished products, Ontario Icewine. Celebrating its 23rd year, the 2018 Niagara Icewine Festival offered every pleasure and indulgence including a glamorous Gala, unique wine and food pairings at over 35 wineries, and vibrant outdoor street festivals.
One of the hottest tickets in town is Peller Estate Winery’s annual Icewine Maker’s Dinner hosted by Winemaker Katie Dickieson and Winery Chef Jason Parsons.
At this years event guests gathered at 7pm on a heated outdoor patio to sip Icewine muddled cocktails and nibble on freshly shucked oysters and piping hot Maple Bacon Fritters. The group was then escorted through two massive doors where they skipped through a dramatic chandelier lit alley covered in a cloud of dry ice. Guests were seated in a dramatic candelabra-lit cellar featuring a massive feasting table surrounded by a choir of sweet smelling wine barrels.
Chef Parsons 4-course menu was infused and inspired by the winery’s award winning Icewine, each course complimented by a perfectly paired Peller wine. After dinner, guests huddled around booming fires to toast ooey gooey Icewine marshmallows.
Maple Bacon Fritters, Freshly Shucked Oysters, Icewine Lobster Bisque
Precious Nectar Cocktail | vidal icewine, georgian bay gin, lemon bitters
Candelabra illuminate Peller’s moody wine cellar.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
- Best Niagara on the Lake Wineries
- Best Restaurants in Niagara on the Lake
- Best Niagara on the Lake Winery Restaurants
- Niagara on the Lake Wine Festivals
- Niagara on the Lake Hotels, Resorts, Inns and B&Bs
- Best Niagara on the Lake Spas
- Best Luxury Boutique Hotels in Ontario
- 5 Wineries to Cycle and Sip in Niagara on the Lake
- Things to Do On a Winter Weekend in Niagara on the Lake
- Winemakers’ Selections Tasting Pass in Niagara
- Taste the Season Wine Festival in Niagara on the Lake
- Best Wineries in Beamsville, Ontario
- Best Wineries in Prince Edward County
Each seat at the feasting table was marked by a personalized setting.
Icewine Sashimi | wild sable, albacore tuna, poached atlantic lobster, east coast scallops, wasabi kelp caviar, red chili ginger icewine glaze
Cabernet Braised Beef Cheek | white turnip, cassis berries, spruce tips, red quinoa, blonde frissie
Charcoal Roasted Stonecroft Farms Pork | smoked chantrelles, icewine choux croute, riesling sourdough
Braised Red Dear | fire roasted brussel sprouts, cocoa potato gnocchi
Petit Fours on Dry Ice