A few years ago when I was on a trip to Miami local foodies were raving for Yardbird, a James Beard Award winning restaurant which serves up scrumptious Southern fare. Sadly I couldn’t find time in my South Beach itinerary to pop by for a binge…so when I recently discovered Yardbird had opened up a sister restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip I made sure it was scheduled as my first feast.
Yardbird in Las Vegas is located in the Venetian, a stones throw from the hotel’s casino and the first offering for hungry souls looking to feast on Restaurant Row. Upon arrival guests are greeted by a glowing bar which serves up some of the best craft cocktails on The Strip. Slip into the dinning room and peak into the open concept kitchen before flipping through a finger-licking-good menu inspired by tried tested and true recipes from Louisiana to Mississippi. Honey please, leave your calorie counting at the door!
1) Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade | wild turkey 81 bourbon, blackberry puree, lemon, cardamom & angostura bitters
2) Fried Green Tomato BLT | house smoked pork belly, smoky tomato jam, frisse, pimento cheese, pickled lemon vinaigrette
3) Shrimp N Grits | seared shrimp, roasted tomatoes, Virginia ham, nora mill grits, pbr chicken jus
4) Chicken N Watermelon N Waffles | honey hot sauce, chilled spiced watermelon, vermont sharp cheddar cheese waffle, bourbon maple syrup
5) Deep Fried Oreo | oreo ice cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate rice krispy