Shortly after touching down in Saskatoon I found myself standing on a balcony at the boutique James Hotel. Summer sun splashed across the Saskatchewan River while in the distance one could spot the hustle and bustle of the city’s annual Fringe Festival. Directly below a pretty patio bustled beneath me. I was standing in one of the most interesting hotel arrangements I’d come across on my travels as two distinct properties share the same building (and owner): Saskatoon’s most luxurious digs found at The James and the larger Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel.
Scarlet at the Sheraton may just be Saskatoon’s most sought after patio as it offers tan fans a breezy outdoor dining opportunity which stretches along a grass filled with views of the Riverbank. If the weather is warm be sure to grab a seat on the patio as it’s a perfect perch for people watching. Inside guests are greeted by a petite bar and dining room featuring floor to ceiling windows and comfy rouge u-booths. Start your sipping with a pint of local brew and finish off your meal with one of Scarlet’s signature boozy shakes.
Here are my Top 5 Must Try’s at Scarlet in Saskatoon:
1) Saskatoon Brewing Company | grapefruit heffewiezen
2) Mushroom Pizza | bechamel, field mushrooms, caramelized onions, oregano, parmesan
3) Apple BBQ Pork Baby Back Ribs | apple brandy onion glaze, mac-n-cheese
4) Chicken N’ Waffles | savoury olive oil waffle, crispy fried chicken, sweet white and calvados bbq sauce
5) Campfire Spike S’more Boozy Shake | chocolate shake, scotch whisky, chocolate pudding, toasted marshmallow, graham
You May Also Enjoy Reading These Saskatoon Stories