Ayden Saskatoon was ranked as one of the best restaurants in Canada by enRoute Magazine. It’s considered the best restaurant in Saskatoon, if not all of Saskatchewan.
Ayden Restaurant serves international comfort foods, snacks and craft cocktails in a stylish Prairie-inspired dining room.
Step Inside Ayden Saskatoon
Saskatoon’s most storied restaurant opened Fall 2013 in a retrofitted heritage building located between 3rd Avenue and 20th Street. Ayden Saskatoon’s concept presents a culinary homage to where Chef/Owner Dale Mackay grew up, to the places he’s traveled, worked, learned and dined.
Chef Mackay is perhaps best known across the country for winning the Food Network’s first season of Top Chef Canada. No big surprise seeing that he’s had the opportunity to work alongside the likes of Gordon Ramsey and Daniel Boulud.
Chef MacKay and his team prepare home-grown and globally inspired comfort food that pairs perfectly with hand-crafted cocktails in a relaxed and inviting setting that evokes the nostalgic appeal of the classic butcher-shop. The cozy interior features white tiles, dark woods, antique artifacts, hinterland taxidermy deer trophy, stained glass and charcoal finishes.
Ayden Saskatoon Menu
Last year Mr. Mackay’s team pegged Saskatoon to Canada’s culinary map after being featured in enRoute Magazine’s coveted list of Canada’s Best New Restaurants. Truth be told, you haven’t truly visited Saskatoon unless you’ve been fed a carnivorous feast meets cocktail sloshed bacchanal by dapper Chef MacKay.
Led by MacKay, co-chef Nathan Guggenheimer and general manager/mixologist extraordinaire Christopher Cho, Ayden Saskatoon’s open kitchen serves French and Asian inspired dishes made with local Saskatchewan ingredients.
Ayden Saskatoon Menu: Small Plates
- Thai Wings: pineview farms chicken, lemongrass, kaffir lime, cilantro
- Popcorn Prawns: tempura batter, lime and spicy aioli
- Soft Shell Crab: smoked paprila aioli, green onion, basil
- Beef Shin: beef shin scrumpet, smoked apple mustard, horseradish, dried parmesan
- Mushrooms: smoked mushrooms, cheese on toast, malt vinegar, sage, hazelnuts
- Croquette: gruyere, charcuterie and leek, smoked mustard aioli, pickled onions
- Trout: cured and smoked diefenbaker trout, classic accompaniments, fennel mayonnaise multiseed bread
- Beets: smoked beets, pear and carrot relish, beet vinegar aoili, pine nuts, herbs
Ayden Saskatoon Menu: Large Plates
- Sausage Platter: chefs selection with seasonal accompaniments
- Pork: pineview farms smoked loin, sausage roll, caramelized onion, pear, sage, mustard
- Beef: grilled 10oz AAA striploin, spinach, bone marrow, cafe de paris butter, sauce bearnaise, frites
- Fish: la ronge pickerel, charred rapini, romesco, almond, lentil powder, milk aioli
- Classic Burger: daily ground beef, lettuce, tomato, onion, aged cheddar, garlic aioli, house cut kennebec fries
- Veggie Burger: grains, beets, rice and nuts patty, arugula, grilled portobello, chips, garlic aioli, house cut kennebec fries
- Charcuterie Board: selection of house made charcuterie and pickles
- Cornish Hen: creamed kale, bacon, pickled mustard, pomme puree
- Lamb: slow cooked lamb shoulder, confit belly, red and white cabbage, fried bread crumbs
- Pasta: mafalda, aged beef ragu, chili flakes, parmigiano reggiano
- Perogies: four cheese, radish, onions, apple puree, cremini mushroom, parsley
Ayden Saskatoon Menu: Dessert
- Cheesecake: ginger pear, smoked crumb, olive oil
- G&T: gin cream, tonic granita
- Donuts: salt and pepper donut, wild blueberry preserve
- Cookies & Cream: milk ice cream sandwich
- Warm Madeleines: citrus madeleines, icing sugar, chocolate dipping sauce
Ayden Saskatoon Hours
Monday to Thursday: 5:30-9pm
Friday and Saturday: 5-9:30pm
Ayden Saskatoon Reservations
265 3 Avenue, 306-954-2590
You May Also Enjoy Reading These Saskatoon Stories