Abe Erb Waterloo is a popular craft brewery and restaurant located on King Street South.
The Uptown Waterloo brewery and restaurant serves fresh craft beer and global gastropub fare. Grab a pint from this Ontario craft brewery while snacking on Short Rib Poutine, Korean Fried Chicken and crispy Chicken Schnitzel.
Step Inside Abe Erb Waterloo
If you’re looking to nibble while you sip through Kitchener Waterloo’s best craft breweries make sure your first stop is at popular local haunt Abe Erb. Abe Erb Waterloo is the only craft brewery in town that serves up a full menu in a bustling dining room.
The brewpub’s name pays homage to Abraham Erb, who is credited as the founder of Waterloo, while the space features design nods to local history with features such as a bar made of the charred beams of St Jacob’s barn, windows from an old furniture factory and barrel light fixtures courtesy of the Seagrams museum.
Abe Erb Waterloo Craft Beer
All of Abe Erb Waterloo’s craft beers are brewed in-house and featured on tap in their brewpubs in Uptown Waterloo, Downtown Kitchener and Ayr Mill.
Abe Erb Waterloo’s brewmaster offers core brands throughout the year as well as a rotating selection of seasonal and small batch one-offs.
- 1857: Kolsch-style Lagered Ale
- Abe Light: American Light Lager
- Buggywhip: American IPA
- Prinz of Darkness: Black IPA
- Habitual Ritual: Blonde Stout
- Alterior Motive: Altbier
- There and Back Again: English Barleywine
- Mudge’s Ale: American Brown Ale
- Settle Down: Coffee Pale Ale
Abe Erb Waterloo Restaurant Menu
Executive Chef Geoff Parent has created a creative gastropub menu with an emphasis on showcasing local meats and beer infused dishes.
The food program at Abe Erb Waterloo really is a godsend as you can get cozy and drink for hours. There’s certainly more to snack on than spiced nuts and pretzels!
If you’re looking for a restaurant deal in Kitchener Waterloo, Abe Erb offers weekly specials:
- Meatless Monday: seasonal, vegetarian and vegan dishes
- Flight Club Burger Tuesday: $10 Founder’s flights and gourmet burger feature
- Wing Wednesday: 1lb of wings and a Founder’s pint for $19
- Taco Thursday: three feature tacos
- Fish Friday: market-fresh fish feature
Abe Erb Waterloo Starters & Shareables
- Chips & Guacamole
- Charcuterie & Cheese Board: local cured meats, artisan cheeses, house made preserves, pickled vegetables, grilled sourdough, house made mustard
- Kettle Chip Duo: house made chips with rosemary salt and Cajun seasoning served with Sriracha mayo.
- Beer & Cheddar Nachos: smoked cheese and stout cream sauce, three cheese blend, pico de gallo, cilantro, green onion, crema, pickled jalapenos.
- Wings: choice of cajun rub, honey garlic, sriracha honey, beer bbq, frank’s & blue, medium, hot, abenator
- Cauliflower Wings: beer-battered crispy cauliflower served with crudites and choice of wing sauce.
- Short Rib Poutine: slow-braised beef short rib, hand-cut fries, stout gravy, Quebec cheese curds
- Sweet Potato Fries: hand-cut fries tossed in fry spice and served with roasted garlic aioli.
- Jerk Chicken Tacos: jerk-braised chicken breast, pico de gallo, cilantro, green onion, crema, pickled jalapenos.
Abe Erb Waterloo Salad & Bowls
- Caesar Salad: romaine lettuce, crispy prosciutto, parmesan, croutons, lemon garlic and anchovy dressing.
- Poached Pear Salad: beer-poached pears, spinach, gorgonzola, honey roasted walnuts, lemon vinaigrette.
- Cancun Chicken Bowl: lime-braised chicken, baby spinach, romaine, jicama, quinoa, pickled chillies, honey lemon dressing, cilantro green onion crema
- Beet & Citrus Bowl: arugula, baby spinach, roasted beets, goat cheese, seasonal citrus fruit, spiced pecans, mint, honey lemon dressing.
Abe Erb Waterloo Burgers
- The Classic: lettuce, tomato, red onion, dill pickle, roasted garlic aioli, brioche bun
- The Bacon & Blue: bacon, gorgonzola, lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, red onion, roasted garlic aoili, brioche bun.
- The Craftsman: brie cheese, bacon onion jam, tomato, red onion, dill pickle, lettuce, roasted garlic aioli, brioche bun.
- The Canadian: aged white cheddar, maple pepper bacon, red onion, dill pickle, lettuce, roasted garlic aioli, brioche bun
Abe Erb Waterloo Sandwiches
- Pork Belly Banh Mi: crispy lemongrass and lime-braised pork belly, pickled carrots, pickled cucumbers, mint, cilantro, sriracha aioli.
- Korean Fried Chicken: crispy breaded chicken tenders tossed in Korean BBQ sauce with kimchi slaw.
- Chicken Club: grilled chicken breast, pickled red onion, aged white cheddar, bacon, lettuce, roasted garlic aioli, beer mustard caviar
- Short Rib Beef Dip: stout-braised beef short rib, horseradish gremolata, arugula, roasted garlic aioli, au jus
- Tofu Po’Boy: crispy Old Bay-seasoned tofu, roasted garlic aioli, shredded lettuce, tomato, dill pickles
Abe Erb Waterloo Entrees
- Steak-Frites: 8oz flat-iron steak, hand-cut fries, chipotle butter, chimichurri
- Homestyle Meatloaf: bacon-wrapped beef and red wine meatloaf, fried onions, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, chili and garlic sautéed kale, stout gravy.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli: brown butter sage sauce, arugula, toasted hazelnuts, rosemary balsamic drizzle.
- Jambalaya: pork belly, chicken, mussels, shrimp, Creole-style arborio rice, green onions
- Mac & Cheese: smoked cheddar, stout crema sauce, bacon onion jam, parmesan, parsley
- Chicken Schnitzel: sauerkraut, pickled red cabbage, smoked cheddar, stout cream sauce, fries
Abe Erb Waterloo Desserts
- Brownie Affogato: chocolate brownies, vanilla bean ice cream, Settlement Co. espresso
- Apple Fritters: tossed in cinnamon sugar and salted caramel sauce
- Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake: New York-style cheesecake, chocolate mousse, candied hazelnuts
Abe Erb Waterloo Hours
Sunday to Thursday: 11am-11pm
Friday and Saturday: 11am-2am
15 King Street South, 519-886-44518
You May Also Enjoy Reading…