The Queen and Beaver Public House is considered Toronto’s best British pub.
Located near Dundas Square, the downtown Toronto restaurant specializes in serving craft cocktails, local beer and authentic British dishes such as Welsh Rarebit, Fish Pie and Lamb Curry.
Step Inside The Queen and Beaver
The Queen and Beaver was ranked by Toronto Life in 2009 as one of the city’s best new restaurants. It’s a local watering hole for British expats, who come here to sip craft beer and nosh on English fare.
The restaurant’s bar is one of the most popular places in the city for sports fans to watch European football matches. During the World Cup, The Queen and Beaver’s bar is the place to be!
The British restaurant is located in a two-floor building that also features two patios. Step inside and you’ll find an interior adorned with English antiques and art, showcasing the owners pure love for Queen Elizabeth and the Royal Family.
The Queen and Beaver Bar
The pub’s resident mixologist offers classic British tipples such as:
- English Marmalade: Beefeater, Campari, Orange Marmalade, Angostura Orange Bitters
- Dark & Stormy: Goslings Black Seal Rum, Fresh Lime, Ginger Beer
- The Last Word: Hendricks Gin, Chartreuse, Maraschino, Lime Juice
- Pimm’s Cup: Pimm’s, Lemon, Simple Syrup, Ginger Ale, Cucumber, Mint
- Hot Whiskey: Jameson, Honey, Clove Studded Lemon
The Queen and Beaver Menu
The owner’s of The Queen and Beaver changed the landscape of Toronto’s British pub scene by offering a unique fine dining experience.
The pub’s kitchen makes everything from scratch – from homemade breads and ice creams to sausages, pies, and smoked bacon.
We suggest ordering 3-4 dishes at dinner between two people.
The Queen and Beaver Bar Snacks
Enjoy these British Snacks paired with local craft beer at the pub’s bar.
- Pork Scratchings
- Scotch Egg
- Toe Rags
- Sausage Roll
- Bag of Crisps
- Chipes & Ketchup
- Ploughman’s Platter
The Queen and Beaver Small Plates
- Daily Seasonal Soup: blackbird sourdough and butter
- Potted Pork with House Mustards
- Spiced Kale and Almond Salad: sweet dates, manchego
- Whitebean & Citrus Salad: watercress, rocket
- Coconut Curried Mussels & Chips
- Aged Cheddar and Oven Smoked Tomatoes on Toast
- Mushrooms and Stilton on Toast
- Welsh Rarebit
The Queen and Beaver Entrees
- The Q&B Hand Chopped Cheese Burger with Bacon
- Haddock & Chips with Mushy Peas & Tartare Sauce
- Fish Pie with English Peas
- Stilton & Peppercorn Bangers with Mash & Shallot Gravy
- Mushroom Pithivier with Young Leaves
- Atlantic Salmon & Minted Couscous with Cucumber
- Midland Lamb Curry with Basmati Rice and Chutney
- Grilled Butler Steak & Garlic Roasted Creamers
- Roast Chicken & Spiced Ratatouille with Parsnip Crisps
The Queen and Beaver Desserts
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate and Banoffee Bread Pudding
- Stonefruit Frangipane and Citrus Cream
- Canadian & English Cheeses with Branston & Oat Cakes
The Queen and Beaver Feasting Menu
If you truly want to enjoy an authentic British dining experience we suggest dining with friends to enjoy the restaurant’s unique feasting menu. The Queen and Beaver Feasting menu is available for groups of five or more.
Feasting menus are charged per person and include side dishes, seasonal vegetables and potatoes.
- Traditional Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding $29 (Minimum 5 persons)
- Roast Prime Rib & Yorkshire Pudding $39 (Minimum 8 persons)
- Beef Wellington $39 (Minimum 5 persons)
- Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder $32 (Minimum 5 persons)
- Venison Stew & Dumplings $26 (Minimum 5 persons)
- Roast Suckling Pig $37 (Minimum 10 persons)
- Loin of Pork & Apple Sauce $26 (Minimum 5 persons)
Brunch at The Queen and Beaver
If you’re a British breakfast fan visit the popular Toronto pub for their special brunch menu served Saturday and Sunday from 10am-3pm.
- The Full English: eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, black pudding, tomatoes, toast
- Eggs Benedict: peameal bacon or house smoked salmon
- Corned Beef Hash & Sunny Eggs: hollandaise and caramelized onions
- Welsh Rarebit with Poached Egg
- House Made Quiche with Salad
- Avocado, Chive, Roasted Tomatoes, and Poached Egg on Toast
- Buttermilk Pancakes with Maple Butter and Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Smoked Haddock Kedgeree: toasted almonds, poached egg
The Queen and Beaver Hours
Monday to Wednesday: 11:30am-12am
Thursday and Friday: 11:30am-1am
35 Elm Street, 647-347-2712