The Early Bird London is a popular retro diner on Talbot Street.
The casual eatery is ranked as one of the best brunch restaurants in London. The Early Bird Diner is famous for its salads, pierogi, sandwiches, and all day breakfast menu.
Step Inside The Early Bird London
Featured on Food Network Canada’s You Gotta Eat Here – The Earl Bird is a “fine diner” located on a side street in London across from Budweiser Gardens.
It’s the perfect restaurant in London to enjoy a pre-concert feast. Or if you’re an egg lover, The Early Bird in London offers the city’s best brunch (and all day breakfast menu).
The Early Bird London’s dining room provides a distinct 1950’s era diner ambiance with pink walls, zebra skin wrapped chairs and a wild and wonderful collection of Elvis, Frankenstein and glam rock memorabilia.
The London restaurant dubs itself as a “Fine Diner,” which is a playful and accurate way of describing its food philosophy. The brunch menu is filled with accessible diner classics that have been tweaked and elevated in a thoughtful way.
The Early Bird London Bar
Skip to the back of the restaurant and you’ll find a Polynesian Tikki-inspired bar. A sun set wallpaper helps guests enjoy a quick beach escape while shooting down coconut rum muddled cocktails.
The Early Bird London’s drinks menu features a selection of local craft beer, cider, wine and sangria. At brunch we suggest indulging in a breakfast cocktail and cup of Bailey’s spiked coffee.
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mimosa: cava, grapefruit, rosemary syrup
- OG OJ Mimosa: cava, orange
- Pineapple Coconut Mimosa: cava, coconut rum, pineapple
- Loaded Caesar: vodka, gin, tequila or whisky
- Screwdriver: vodka, orange
- Greyhound: vodka or gin with grapefruit juice
- Peach Bellini: cava, peach juice
- Sea Breeze: vodka, grapefruit, cranberry
- Tequila Sunrise: tequila, orange, grenadine
- Aperol Spritz: cava, aperol, soda
- The Tiki: spiced rum, gin, tequila, cherry brandy, orange, lime
The Early Bird London Menu
The Early Bird London is owned by the Wolfe brothers. The trio own three restaurants in the city: Los Lobos, Wolfe of Wortly and The Early Bird. The restaurant’s may be diverse in their offerings, but they share a common thread: serving house made fine dining fare at affordable prices.
During my visit to The Early Bird London, the manager on duty was a great help, offering suggestions as I ran my finger down the brunch menu. I was in a rush so quickly smiled and whispered, “I only have an hour to eat the very best the chef had to offer.” She suggested a few signature dishes and local all-day-breakfast favourites.
The Early Bird London Soup & Salads
- Tomato Soup
- French Onion Soup: smoked ham stock broth, mixed onions, toasted sweet bun, melted swiss cheese
- Loaded Greens: tomato, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, avocado, house dressing
- Baby Spinach: house smoked bacon, tomato, feta, toasted almonds, maple balsamic vinaigrette
- Classic Caesar: romaine, house smoked bacon, parmesan, croutons, creamy dressing
- The Chef: house smoked ham, cheddar, tomato, mozzarella, bacon, hard boiled egg, red onion, beets, bell pepper, cucumber, avocado
- Beets & Arugula: roasted beets, strawberry, chevre, pancetta, house vinaigrette
The Early Bird London Pierogies and Poutine
- Poutine: fries, local curds, shredded mozzarella, duck or veggie gravy (add brisket, pulled pork, or smoked ham)
- Baba Style Pierogies: house smoked bacon, fried onion, sour cream
- Mushroom Pierogies: mixed mushroom and onion sautee, sour cream
- Pierogie Poutine: fries, pierogies, curds, shredded mozzarella, choice of duck or veggie gravy
The Early Bird London Sandwiches
- Turdunken Club: smoked turkey breast, fried chicken, duck breast bacon, maple mayo, sliced tomato, local greens
- Pulled Pork: 12hr slow smoked pork shoulder, house made BBQ sauce, smoked garlic slaw
- Smoked Meat: Montreal style house smoked beef brisket, sauerkraut, red pepper aioli, melted swiss, fresh thyme
- Hot Beef: shaved slow roasted beef round, sautéed mushrooms and onions, Portuguese toast, smothered in gravy
- Fish & Chipwich: battered tilapia, smoked garlic aioli, cucumber & pickle ribbons
- Phillie: shaved slow roasted beef round, peppers, caramelized onion, melted cheddar and jus for dipping
- Duck Confit: pulled duck leg confit, arugula, soy reduction, crispy onion, lattice chips
- Hot Chicken: crispy chicken thighs, franks red hot, sweet and sour pickles & onion, toasted white bread, chipotle aioli
- The Burger: beef or veggie patties, melted cheddar, sweet pickles & onion, smoked garlic aioli
- Fried Tofu: battered tofu, roasted red pepper aioli, baby spinach, sliced tomato, blue corn chips, caramelized onion, soy reduction
- Italian Style: crispy fried chicken, sautéed mushroom & onions, tomato sauce, melted mozzarella
The Early Bird London Grilled Cheese
- Old Skool: mozzarella, cheddar, thyme
- Maple BST: house smoked bacon, baby spinach, tomato, maple mayo, mozzarella
- Ham & Cheddar: house smoked ham, melted cheddar, dijon mustard aioli
- Popper: cream cheese, jalapeno, sweet pepper jelly, corn chips, sour cream
The Early Bird London Brunch Favourites
All brunch dishes are served with home fries & salad or fruit cup.
- Bird Breakfast: 2 eggs (any style), choice of ( house smoked bacon, peameal bacon or breakfast sausage), toast.
- Toad in a Hole: soft egg, sweet bun, herb fried tomato, chevre, avocado tempura, arugula.
- Egg Mc Justin: toasted sweet bun, house made pork sausage patty, bacon, cheddar, baby spinach, 2 sunny side fried eggs.
- I Feel Waffle: four house made fried vanilla waffles, poached apples, maple syrup, & whip cream.
- French Toast: 3 thick slices of French toast, sweet poached berries, maple syrup, & whip cream.
- Fat Elvis: 3 thick slices of French toast layered with peanut butter, bacon, fried bananas, honey, & maple syrup.
- Monte Cristo: thick cut French toast sandwich with smoked ham, swiss cheese & house made jam.
- Pancake Stacker: four pancakes layered with house made peameal bacon, house smoked bacon, breakfast sausage, home fries & a sunny side fried egg.
- Fruit Cakes: 4 Blueberry pancakes towered & topped with fresh strawberries, bananas & whip cream, smothered in maple syrup.
- Chicken & Waffles: crispy fried chicken, house made waffles, bacon jam, maple syrup & crispy onion.
The Early Bird London Egg Dishes
- Ham & Swiss Benny: Poached eggs, house smoked ham, swiss cheese, dijon aioli & toasted sweet bun.
- GrEggs Benny: Poached eggs, house smoked beef brisket, sauerkraut, roasted red pepper aioli & toasted sweet bun.
- Eggs Jenny: Poached eggs, grilled tofu, sliced tomato, avocado, chevre cheese & toasted sweet bun.
- Pulled Pork Benny: Poached eggs, house smoked pork shoulder, smoked garlic slaw & toasted sweet bun.
- Veggie Hash: Grilled tofu, potatoes, peppers, onions, poached eggs & hollandaise
- Poutine Hash: Local curds, mozzarella, potatoes, fried onion, poached eggs & hollandaise
- Brisket Hash: Montreal style house made beef brisket, potatoes, peppers, onions, poached eggs & hollandaise
- Pulled Pork Hash: House smoked pork shoulder, potatoes, peppers, onions, poached eggs and hollandaise
The Early Bird London Hours
Sunday to Wednesday: 8am-3pm
Thursday to Saturday: 8am-8pm
355 Talbot Street, 519-439-6483