Pazzo Stratford is the best Italian restaurant and pizzeria in Ontario’s favourite theatre town. The popular Italian restaurant in Stratford specializes in handmade pasta and pizza.
Food and theatre nerds from Toronto love visiting Stratford, Ontario. The cute little town is located west of Hamilton near London and offers visitors an internationally acclaimed theatre festival, quality restaurants and shopping.
Everything in this cutesy arts village reminds us of Shakespeare and small English towns. The River Avon runs along the downtown and several pubs and shops take pride in selling theatre and Shakespeare related gifts. There are also several Scottish Kilt and Tartan shops as well as ones specializing in bagpipes and harps.
Step Inside Pazzo Stratford
Pazzo pizzeria is located along Stratford’s main strip, Ontario Street. The street level restaurant offers Italian inspired cuisine in a comfortable, modern setting.
Many of the students from the acclaimed Stratford Chef School have worked at Pazzo restaurant. The basement pizzeria serves fresh, Italian dishes with highlights including thin crust pies, pasta, salads and seafood.
Pazzo Stratford Menu
Chef Vincent Stacey manages the kitchen and menu at Pazzo restaurant. Pizza lovers can choose from thirty-five pizza toppings or from a list of ten inspired pizzas.
The Italian kitchen at Taverna Pazzo brings a new direction to one of Stratford’s best restaurants. You’ll find sustainable seafood like oysters, crab and lobster as well as house made pastas and locally-sourced meats and produce.
Pazzo Stratford Weekly Specials
- Wednesday: unlimited mussels and fries for $20
- Thursday: pasta and wine for $25
- Friday: fondue for two $20
- Saturday: whole grilled branzino for $27
- Sunday: roast whole chicken with roasted vegetables for two $50
Pazzo Stratford Appetizers
- Soup: celeriac and potato purée with thyme oil
- Pazzo Spinach Salad: red onion, tomatoes, warm bacon dressing and asiago cheese
- Funghi Crostini: goats cheese, mixed mushrooms and shaved parmigiano
- Greens: organic italian greens with red wine vinaigrette
- Caesar Salad: pazzo caesar dressing, warm croutons and bacon
- Shrimp Buzara: poached in butter with shallot, tomato, garlic, calabrese, served with warm croutons
- Beet Salad: lightly pickled beets with feta, sprouts, and champagne vinaigrette
- Antipasti Plate: selection of Italian style cured meats, cheeses, olives and pickles
- Pazzo Burrata: grilled marinated eggplant and tomato jam
Pasta, Risotto and Gnocchi
- Spaghetti and Meatballs: served with pazzo tomato sauce and fresh basil
- Potato Gnocchi: butternut squash cream, rapini, spiced pumpkin seeds
- Tortelli: sweet potato filling, with goat cheese cream sauce, sage,and crispy pancetta
- Risotto: artichoke, leek, corn, and basil
- Gigli Arrabiata: spicy sausage, kalamata olives, arugula, tomato sauce, parmesan
- Fettucini: chicken, spinach, pazzo garlic cream sauce and parmigiano
Pizza at Pazzo Stratford
- Quattro Formaggi: parmesan, mozzarella, provolone and asiago cheese
- Don Corleone: italian bacon, pepperoni, roasted red peppers and fresh basil
- Za Za Gabor: sausage, roasted red peppers, pesto, goats cheese and arugula
- The Soprano: spicy calabrese sausage, portobello mushrooms and asiago cheese
- Caprese: bocconcini, confit of cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and balsamic glaze
- The Vatican: gorgonzola, mushrooms, roasted garlic and fresh herbs
- Roman Holiday: goats cheese, artichokes, pesto and tomatoes
- Marco Pollo: roast chicken, sundried tomatoes, feta and fresh basil
- The Venetian: italian bacon, goats cheese, portobello mushrooms and arugula
- Italian Stallion: prosciutto, italian sausage, italian bacon, spicy calabrese, roasted garlic and fresh herbs
Pazzo Stratford Entrees
- Cioppino: mussels, scallops, clams, fresh fish and jumbo shrimp in a tomato and fennel broth
- Chicken Scallopini: balsamic cipollini onions, wine and butter braised shallots, sauteed mushrooms and carrots
- Steak Frites: 10 oz flat iron served with bearnaise and triple cooked frites
- Taverna Fish Special: a creative presentation of seafood and seasonal accompaniments
- Balsamic Glazed Port Tenderloin: creamy gruyere polenta, red cabbage agrodolce, and confit fennel
Pazzo Stratford Hours
Sunday to Thursday: 11:30am-9pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am-12am
Pazzo Stratford Reservations
70 Ontario Street, 519-273-6666