Great Burger Kitchen is located in Toronto’s east end at Jones and Gerrard. It’s considered one of Toronto’s best burger restaurants. Located in Toronto’s Leslieville neighbourhood, Great Burger Kitchen specializes in burgers, poutine and onion rings.
Great Burger Kitchen
The owners of Great Burger Kitchen are Ted Koutsogiannopoulos, of Wine Bar, and Jim Grontis, of Johnny G’s on Parliament. The duo dreamed up the popular Toronto burger restaurant and tell Dobbernationloves about the genesis of Great Burger Kitchen:
“One day we were having that – if you were stranded on a desert island conversation; you know the one – if you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one meal, every day, for the rest of your life, what would it be?”
They continued, “Well, turns out to be burgers and fries all round. Yes, we also discussed how unlimited toppings and variations wouldn’t be accessible on a desert island, but in the end, we decided to heck with the logistical problems! We felt hypothetical scenarios are not weighed down by logistics (plus we were hungry). We asked ourselves, if we all ended up on the desert island together, with burgers and fries and unlimited toppings for each, exactly what kind of burger and what type of fries would we want?”
They obviously wanted the best, healthy, fresh, and yummy burger on earth. Like the kind you’d make at home if you had all the time in the world and all the ingredients to make it great.
Great Burger Kitchen Menu
Great Burger Kitchen prepares all of its burgers with naturally raised beef grown in Ontario. All burgers at the restaurant are served on organic buns by Brick Street Bakery. All dishes at the restaurant are served in retro steel trays, lined in red and white checkered wax paper.
While Toronto’s burger world is most certainly reaching its saturation point, Great Burger Kitchen certainly gives us something to get excited about.
Ontario Beef Burgers
Burger lovers can upgrade to hormone and antibiotic free beef patties.
- Classic Burger: lettuce, tomato, red onion, ketchup mustard & pickles
- Voodoo Burger: tomato salsa, spicy mayo, guacamole, balsamic onion & lettuce
- Great Burger: double burger, cheddar, bacon, lettuce, tomato mustard, ketchup & GBK sauce
- Tasty Burger: topped with pulled bbq pork, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, BBQ sauce & pickles
Great Burger Kitchen is one of the best places in Toronto to enjoy vegetarian and vegan friendly Beyond Meat Burgers.
- Chicken Burger: balsamic fried onions, roasted red peppers, lettuce, roasted garlic aioli
- Danforth Chicken: feta, tomato, lettuce, red onion & tzatziki
- Inferno Veggie Burger: 1/4lb original BEYOND BURGER plus jalapeno, hot banana peppers, chipotle mayo, lettuce, tomato & brie cheese
- Ultimate Veggie Burger: 1/4lb original BEYOND BURGER plus guacamole, GBK sauce, tomato, roasted red peppers, sautéed mushroom served on a lettuce bun
- Pulled Pork Burger: classic homestyle pulled pork & BBQ sauce
Fries Poutine & Rings
- Onion Rings: thick steak-cut golden fried onion rings
- Fries: hand cut, double cooked crispy golden fries
- Poutine Italienne: sausage, mozzarella, roasted red peppers and parmesan cheese
- Ontario Poutine: bacon, onion, cheddar & gravy
- Montreal Poutine: cheese curds & gravy
- Greek Poutine: feta cheese & GBK house dressing
- BBQ Chicken Poutine: crispy chicken, BBQ sauce, bacon, cheddar cheese & gravy
- Great Hog Poutine: BBQ pulled pork, bacon, breakfast sausage, chopped pickle, cheese curds & gravy
- Extreme Cheese Poutine: Ontario cheese curds, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese & gravy
- Pulled Pork Poutine: BBQ pulled pork, cheese curds & gravy
- Mushroom Swiss Poutine: sautéed mushrooms, swiss cheese & gravy
- Inferno Poutine: sausage, jalapeno cheese, hot peppers, spicy mayo & gravy
Toppings & Sides at Great Burger Kitchen
- Extra Toppings ($0.65): guacamole, balsamic fried onions, sautéed mushrooms, tomato salsa, tzatsiki, roasted red peppers, roasted garlic aioli, chipotle mayo, sour cream
- Add Cheese ($1.95): brie / blue / aged cheddar / feta / swiss / jalapeno-jack
- Add Bacon ($1.95): Canadian strip bacon
Great Burger Kitchen Hours
Sunday to Wednesday: 11am-10pm
Thursday to Saturday: 11am-11pm
1056 Gerrard Street East, 416-778-0111