Visitors can enjoy tours of the winery, tastings at the Luckett Vineyard Bar or farm to table feast at the onsite Bistro.
Located in Nova Scotia’s Gaspereau Valley, Luckett Vineyard is one of the provinces most celebrated wineries. A stroll through Luckett Vineyard’s glamorous tasting room and gift shop offers a nod to the owners British roots.
Between row upon row of lush grape vines, you’ll find a lone red vintage British phone box where you can make a free phone call anywhere in North America!
In the winery’s retail shop you’ll also find bottles that pay homage to the United Kingdom. Our favourite are the “Black Cab” bottles, a label that features London’s iconic taxi.
The History of Luckett Vineyard
The award winning Nova Scotia winery first opened in 2010 thanks to the ingenuity of founder Pete Luckett.
Born in 1953, the British-Canadian entrepreneur and media personality is best known as a fruit and vegetable expert. The native from Nottingham, England emigrated to Canada in 1979, settling in Saint John , New Brunswick.
In the early 90s Luckett moved to Nova Scotia and today is most famous as the founder of one of the provinces most celebrated wineries.
Luckett Vineyard Winery
Mike Mainguy acts as Luckett Vineyard’s Executive Winemaker. Mainguy’s comprehensive knowledge for all things wine comes from his experience in Nova Scotia as well as in Niagara, a wine growing area in Ontario with similar growing conditions. Lucket Vineyard’s de-facto wine guy helped open the winery’s doors to the public in 2011, leading production of our wide range of whites, reds, dessert and fruit wines.
Marcel Kolb works in collaboration with Mainguy as the Vineyard Manager. Marcel grew up in Switzerland where he learned precision techniques from the masters, and applies those specialized skills to Nova Scotia’s unique terroir. If you find yourself skipping through Luckett Vineyard’s perfectly quaffed vineyards you can thank Marcel for his meticulous rows of vines.
Luckett Vineyard’s Wines
Since 2010, the team at Luckett Vineyard have produced wines true to the maritime climate that showcase the local and unique grape varietals grown in the regions rocky and clay rich soil.
- Buried Red: Only 220 cases of this dry and unfiltered red were produced. An equal blend of Lucie Kuhlman, Leon Millot and Marechal Foch.
- The Old Bill: A blend of dried Cabernet Foch, Castel, Lucie Kuhlmann and Precoce, this wine matured in American Oak barrels for 24 months.
- Phone Box Red: A blend of partially dried Lucie Kuhlmann, Marechal Foch, Castel and Leon Millot. Aged in Hungarian and American oak barrels for 14 months.
- Leon Millot: A single varietal Leon Millot aged in French Oak.
- Triumphe: Medium-bodied red has juicy layers of cassis, black plum and cherry liquorice.
- Phone Box White: The winery’s signature white wine includes a blend of Osceola Muscat, Traminette and L’Acadie.
- Tidal Bay: An official appellation wine of Nova Scotia, featuring a blend of L’Acadie, Ortega, Seyval, Vidal and Traminette.
- Buried White: 100% L’Acadie buried 8 feet underground for 28 months in Hungarian Oak barrels.
- L’Acadie: L’Acadie Blanc is Nova Scotia’s most versatile grape. Barrel aged in Hungarian oak.
- Rosetta: Cold fermented in stainless steel tanks. A crisp blend of Marechal Joffree and L’Acadie.
- Phone Box Fix: A lively aromatic white wine with slight spritz and sparkle. Blend of Osceloa Muscat and L’Acadie.
- Ortega: A delicious peach wine with a lively spritz. A perfect aperitif.
- Vidal Icewine: This golden nectar is harvested during Nova Scotia’s frigid winter months.
- Riesling Icewine: 100% Riesling Icewine harvested at -10 degrees.
Crash Pad Bistro Menu
The Crash Pad Bistro patio offers stunning views over Nova Scotia wine country. Pop by for a tasting and tour and celebrate with a lunch at Luckett Vineyard’s farm-to-fork bistro. In the summer months Crash Pad Bistro at Luckett Vineyards is open from 11am-4pm. During the Fall from early November to late December you can enjoy lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am-3pm.
Boards and Starters
- LV Cheese: Daily selection of cheeses, baguette, Raincoast crisps, pickled veg, house made wine jelly, olives & fruit
- LV Charcuterie: Daily selection of cured meats, baguette, Raincoast crisps, pickled veg, house made wine jelly, olives & fruit
- Cauliflower Taco: Seasoned & grilled cauliflower, chipotle crema, avocado aioli, cucumber salsa, queso fresco, corn tortilla
- Mushrooms on Toast: Wild forest mushroom ragout, fried mushrooms, burrata, grilled potato bread, pickled onions
- Calamari: Humboldt squid, lime crema, red pepper aioli
- House Cut Fries: P.E.I potatoes, truffle aioli
Salads & Soup
- Kale & Brussels Salad: Kale, roasted brussels sprouts, sliced apples, walnuts, grapes, pecorino, buttermilk & herb vinaigrette
- Mushroom & Arugula Salad: Arugula, shaved fennel, roasted wild mushrooms, pickled beets, frizzy onions, fried goat cheese, lemon vinaigrette
- House Salad: Greens, red onion, cucumber, radish, carrot, sweety drops, feta, parsnip chips, white wine vinaigrette
- Seafood Chowder: Shrimp, Atlantic lobster, haddock, scallops, fresh herbs, served with a scone
- Chicken Panini: Herbed Eden Valley chicken, caramelized onion, roasted tomato, Cow’s smoked cheddar, arugula, basil mayo, sourdough ciabatta
- Cubano Panini: Meadowbrook ham & pork shoulder, Swiss cheese, pickle, dijon, lemon garlic aioli, sourdough ciabatta
- Chicken Pot Pie: Roasted chicken breast, onion, celery, Ortega gravy
- Steak & Mushroom Pie: Slow roasted beef, sautéed mushroom and onion, Black Cab gravy
Wine Tasting at Luckett Vineyard
A flight of 5 wines is $7, cheese boards and appetizers start at $15, and most bottles are $20. Leave a budget for a little extra as you’ll likely be tempted by the retail shops well curated selection of local gourmet foods.
Visiting Luckett Vineyard
Refreshing maritime breezes, legendary ocean tides and smile-worthy sunshine gather at Luckett Vineyard to offer an outstanding terroir in Nova Scotia’s wine country. Located in the Bay of Fundy and Annapolis Valley region, Luckett Vineyard is open to the public from May 1 to October 31. Tours are available daily at 11am and 3pm.
Luckett Vineyard Hours
Tasting Bar: 10am-5pm
1293 Grand Pre Road, 902-542-2600