Arisu Toronto is one of the best Korean BBQ and Japanese Sushi restaurants in Toronto.
Located in the heart of Koreatown on Bloor Street West, Arisu restaurant offers a comprehensive menu that is best known for its quality sushi and Korean tabletop barbecue.
Quality Korean BBQ and Sushi at Arisu Toronto
Step inside Arisu Korean Japanese Restaurant on Bloor Street West and you’ll find a spacious and friendly family run restaurant.
Owner Weonsup Lee manages Arisu, which is considered one of the best Korean barbecue restaurants in Toronto. Korean restaurant’s downtown, especially along Yonge Street or in The Annex, are famous for offering affordable All-You-Can-Eat Korean BBQ.
As I’ve ranted before, many foodies in Toronto consider sushi and Korean restaurants a cheap eats option. The majority of the Korean and Japanese restaurants in The Annex (for which there are a dizzying number) offer affordable, low quality and generic menus that do very little to inspire.
Arisu is a pioneer in Toronto’s East Asian culinary landscape. The restaurant’s chef looks to provide a tasty adventure by offering imaginative Korean and Japanese dishes while championing local Ontario producers and quality ingredients.
Arisu restaurant stands out from the crowd by offering premium, high quality beef cuts, fresh seafood and seasonal vegetables. Had a negative experience at an AYCE Korean BBQ restaurant in Toronto serving cheap meat and mediocre banchan? Arisu’s focus on quality is sure to impress even the most discerning sushi and barbecue fans!
Arisu Toronto Menu
Skip through the dining room and find yourself a comfy seat before flipping through Arisu’s epic bible of a menu. It’s truly one of the most comprehensive Korean and Japanese menus in all of Koreatown.
You’ll find a vast collection of Korean speciality dishes, authentically prepared as if you were dining in Busan, Suwon or Jeju. The kitchen also celebrates Japanese favourites from Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto such as shabu shabu, udon and a parade of artfully decorated sushi rolls.
We suggest visiting the restaurant with a group of friends to order a selection of Japanese and Korean dishes. Mix and match Korean Pork Belly BBQ and Kimchi spiced soup with plump Japanese gyoza and a platter of freshly sliced salmon sashimi.
The bar at Arisu Toronto offers plenty options for those looking to quench their thirst or tame the spicy heat on their tongues. You’ll find an impressive collection of Canadian craft beer as well as imports from Korea and Japan.
There are also endless bottles of soju, sake and rice wine worth sampling. Cocktail fans can enjoy Asian-inspired tipples such as Yuzu Mojito and Soju Sangria, while wine aficionados can swish and swirl premium bottles from Chile, Italy and beyond.
Arisu Toronto Appetizers
- Edamame: boiled soybeans
- Gyoza: deep fried beef or vegetable dumplings
- Hickory Smoked Salmon Tataki
- Agedashi Tofu: fried tofu with soy sauce
- Miso Soup
- LA-style Short Rib Galbi
- Wakame Seaweed Salad
- Quinoa Avocado Salad
- Spicy Salmon Salad
- Tempura: vegetable, shrimp, or calamari
Arisu Toronto Share Plates
- Baby Octopus Stir-Fry
- Seoul-style Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- Braised Short Rib: radish, rice cakes, carrots, galbi sauce
- Sweet & Spicy Shrimp
- Tang Soo Yook: deep fried pork with sweet & sour sauce
- Sossam: steamed pork belly with cabbage wraps
- Japchae: stir-fried sweet potato noodle with beef and vegetables
- Tteokbokki: stir-fried rice cake with vegetables
- Spicy Pork and Vegetables
- Seafood Pancake
Arisu Toronto Korean BBQ
The restaurant is most famous for its tabletop Korean BBQ. The chef orders local beef from Collingwood, which is aged for over 21 days.
There are plenty of Korean barbecue combos to chose from that range from $31.99-49.99. These combos typically include banchan (Korean side dishes), Ssam (veggie wrap), steamed rice, mandu or edamame and a dessert.
- Arisu Short Rib Galbi
- Marinated Short Rib Galbi
- LA-style Short Rib Galbi
- Seasoned Boneless Flat Iron Steak
- Marinated Boneless Rib
- Chicken Breast
- Pork Belly
- Gyutan: beef tongue
- Negi Beef Tongue: sesame oil, green onions, lemon sauce
- Black Tiger Garlic Shrimp
Arisu Toronto Sushi
The restaurant’s chefs offer all the classic sashimi and sushi options you’d expect from a top Japanese restaurant. There are also two pages of sushi combos ranging from $19.99-58.99.
- Dynamite Roll: shrimp, tempura, tobiko, cucumber, avocado, crab
- Big Buddy Roll: shrimp, tempura, lettuce, salmon, avocado, cucumber, tempura bits, beet, spicy mayo
- Philadelphia Roll: salmon, cream cheese, cucumber, avocado
- Crunch Roll: shrimp tempura, cucumber, crab, tempura bits, avocado, tobiko
- Spider Roll: soft-shell crab, cucumber, avocado, tobiko, crab
- Green Caterpillar Roll: yam, parsnip, pepper, avocado
- Spicy Salmon Crunch Roll: cucumber, avocado, spicy salmon, tempura bits, spicy mayo
- Smiling Geisha Roll: spicy tuna, cucumber, shrimp tempura, seared salmon, tobiko, unagi sauce, spicy mayo
- Dancing Volcano Roll: Dynamite roll with seared salmon, spicy mayo and unagi sauce
- Galbi Connection Roll: Dynamite roll with beef short rib, unagi sauce and fried green onion
- Lobster King Roll: lobster tempura, asparagus, tempura avocado, tobiko, cucumber, crab, unagi sauce
- Salmon & Bluefin Tuna Roll: Dynamite roll with bluefin tuna, seared salmon, jalapeno, spicy mayo and unagi sauce
Arisu Toronto Japanese Hot Pot & Stone Pot
- Shabu Shabu: hot pot with dipping sauces, sliced beef, vegetables, mushrooms, rice cake, udon noodle
- Beef Mushroom Jeongol: beef, vegetables and mushrooms in hot pot
- Bibimbap Stone Pot: beef, vegetables and egg over rice
- Bulgogi Stone Pot
- Galbi & Vegetable Stone Pot
- Kimchi Bulgogi Stone Pot
- Cheese and Kimchi Bulgogi Stone Pot
- Spicy Baby Octopus Stone Pot
- Sizzling Atlantic Turbot Stone Pot
- Garlic Beef Noodle with Chicken Stone Pot
- Unagi Stone Pot
Arisu Toronto Grilled Meat & Fish
- Galbi Dinner
- Grass Fed Angus Rib Eye Dinner
- Tteok Galbi Dinner
- LA Galbi Dinner
- Pork Belly Dinner
- Grilled Mackerel
- Grilled Black Cod
- Teriyaki: beef, chicken, salmon or shrimp
- Tonkatsu: deep fried port cutlet
Arisu Toronto Soup, Stew & Noodle
- Galbi Tang: hearty broth with beef short ribs, ginseng, vegetables and glass noodles
- Galbi Jjim: braised beef short ribs, radish, rice cake, carrots
- Organic Soon Tofu: choice of kimchi, pork, beef or seafood
- Sam Gye Tang: whole young chicken soup made with ginseng and Korean herbs
- Yook Gye Jang: beef and vegetables in spicy beef broth
- Tteok Gook: sliced rice cakes with beef in special beef broth
- Zaru Soba: buckwheat noodle served with chilled dipping sauce
- Yaki Soba: stir-fried buckwheat noodles in savoury sauce with vegetables and seafood or chicken
- Udon: beef, chicken or seafood
- Ox Bone Noodle Soup: rice noodle with beef in ox bone marrow broth
- Naeng Myun: chewy, thin buckwheat noodles in iced beef broth with sweet and spicy dressing
Arisu Toronto Hours
Monday to Saturday: 11am-11pm
584 Bloor Street West, 416-533-8104
You May Also Enjoy These Toronto Sushi Restaurants
- KaKa All You Can Eat Sushi in Toronto
- Japango on Dundas Street West
- Sushi Inn in Yorkville
- CJ Lunch Box in Toronto
- Hapa Izakaya in Toronto’s Little Italy
- Koko Share Bar in Yorkville
You May Also Enjoy These Toronto Korean Restaurants