Hutaoli Toronto is the first international outpost of the popular Chinese music restaurant brand. Located in Markham, Hutaoli Toronto is often described as a Chinese version of the Hard Rock Cafe.
Hutaoli Music Restaurant in Toronto
Hutaoli Music Restaurant & Bar is China’s most popular music restaurant brand. Hutaoli restaurant was first established in Shenzhen, China (just outside of Hong Kong) in 2013.
The well-established brand has over 400 locations in China. After nearly two years of preparations, Hutaoli Music Restaurant was finally ready to open its first overseas location in Toronto. On March 1, 2019 Hutaoli restaurant opened its doors in Markham.
Step Inside Hutaoli Toronto
Step inside Hutaoli Chinese restaurant in Markham and you’ll find a whimsical interior design constructed by Z Square.
The name Hutaoli suggests a place that is peaceful, an ideal fantasy world. Decor in the dinning room evokes an “Alice in Wonderland” vibe that eludes to a magical forest, filled with overhanging vines, backlit bonsai trees, and suspended and exposed light bulbs.
Hutaoli in Markham offers a plethora of seating options, from intimate private dinning rooms, elevated cozy booths and tables up close to the live music action.
The Bar at Hutaoli Toronto
Hutaoli Toronto’s beverage program offers plenty of libations. Wine lovers can enjoy bottles by Ontario’s own Cave Springs, Australia’s Jacob’s Creek and Leaping Horse from California. We suggest pairing those spicy Szechuan dishes with beer such as O’Hara Irish Stout, Asahi Dry, Stella Artois and Blanche de Chambly. You can also order from a list of craft cocktails, many of which are muddled with tropical Asian fruits.
- House Sangria: red/white wine, cherry, orange
- The Flaming Lips: vodka, blackcurrant, raspberry, pomegranate
- Hutaoli Mojito (Original, Cucumber, Lychee): rum, lemon, mint
- Paloma: tequila, grapefruit
- Mai Tai: rum, peach, raspberry, strawberry
Hutaoli Toronto Live Music
Hutaoli Toronto’s mission is to provide a full experience where guests can enjoy authentic Sichuanese dishes while enjoying an eclectic and entertaining one-of-a-kind atmosphere.
Each Hutaoli location hosts live performances and engages its diners through improvised shows and interactive activities. The dinning room is built around a central stage where each night a local band performs for the crowd.
Hutaoli Toronto management adds, “We want to bring Chinese music and memories back for those who have left China. Our performances consist of Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), English, and even Korean songs. We have many different bands and singers throughout the week so customers can enjoy different styles of music on each visit.”
There is also a massive video screen located on the brick wall behind the stage. Guests can enjoy watching Chinese music videos whenever performers are not on stage. Diners can also help celebrate birthdays, anniversaries or simply share a fun selfie with friends on the big screen by tagging their posts on Chinese social media app WeChat.
Hutaoli Music Restaurant & Bar’s authentic Chinese dishes and uniquely entertaining atmosphere make it one of the best Asian restaurants in Markham.
Beware! There Is A Fake Hutaoli in Toronto
It’s important to note that there are two Hutaoli restaurants in Toronto. Hutaoli Music Restaurant & Bar at 3760 Highway 7 East is officially recognized by the head office in China.
There is a fake Hutaoli at 2900 Warden Ave in Toronto. They have been running their business for over one year without any authorization. Buyer beware!
Hutaoli Toronto Menu
Chef Zhang has more than 20 years of experience in the Chinese restaurant industry. Chef Zhang was born and raised in Sichuan, which is why Hutaoli Toronto’s menu specifically celebrates spicy Sichuan cuisine.
Hutaoli Toronto’s signature dish, and the most ordered by customers, is the House-Special Roasted Chicken. The chef marinades the bird in a secret blend of twelve ingredients for eight hours every day.
The final dish is served to the guest on a plate inside a birdcage. The server then sprinkles Hutaoli’s signature peanut powder over the roast chicken and uses a wooden hammer to tenderize.
Hutaoli Toronto: Award Winning Dishes
We suggest visiting Hutaoli Chinese restaurant in Markham with a group of friends so you can sample and share a selection of dishes while enjoying the restaurants live music and entertainment.
- House Special Roast Chicken
- Signature Boiled Duck Blood in Chili Soup
- House-made Black Bean Tofu
- Spicy Stir-fried Shrimp
- Pan-fried Marinated Beef
- Steamed Sea Bass with Chili
- Roast Lamb Chops
- Boiled Fish with Pickled Cabbage and Chili
Hutaoli Toronto: Chef’s Specials
Our favourite chef’s specials at Hutaoli Markham are soft Mapo Tofua and a perfectly roasted Sichuan-style Smoked Duck.
- Authentic Mapo Tofu
- Deep Fried Egg with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Flame-Fried Crispy Eggplant
- Sichuan Style Smoked Duck
- Steamed Egg with Black Truffle
Hutaoli Toronto: Appetizers
Sample authentic Chinese dishes at Hutaoli restaurant in Markham such as surf clams, duck gizzards and chicken feet.
- 36 Month Jamon Iberico de Bellota
- Steamed Chicken with Chili Sauce
- Clear Noodles with Chili Sauce
- Sliced Beef and Tongue in Chili Sauce
- Spicy and Sour Jellyfish
- Okra in Chili Sauce
- Spicy Dried Lotus Root
- Spicy Cucumber with Soy Sauce
- Shredded Pork with Garlic Sauce
- Spicy Surf Clams
- Shredded Dried Tofu with Green Onions
- Spicy Duck Gizzards
- Preserved Eggs with Hot Peppers
- Black Fungus with Soy Sauce
- Sliced Beef with Peppers
- Boneless Chicken Feet with Pickles Peppers
Hutaoli Toronto: Meat Dishes
Meat lovers will enjoy Hutaoli’s Kung Pao Chicken, Fried Ribs with Peppers and Garlic, and Braised Pork.
- Braised Pork in Brown Sauce
- Braised Trotters with Fresh Chili
- Sichuan-style Twice-cooked Pork
- Fried Chinese Bacon with Dried Mushrooms
- Fried Ribs with Peppers and Garlic
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Spicy Fried Chicken with Mung Bean Sprouts
- Roasted Chicken with Taro
- Boiled Beef Slices in Spicy and Sour Soup
- Stewed Potato and Beef
- Boiled Pork in Spicy Soup
Hutaoli Toronto: Vegetarian Dishes
One of the vegetarian dishes at Hutaoli restaurant arrives to the table topped with Chinese bacon. You may want to specify with your server if you are vegetarian or vegan to ensure you’re meal is actually meat-free.
- Fried Cauliflower with Chinese Bacon
- Spicy Fried Potato Chips
- Stir-fried Mixed Vegetables
- Seasonal Vegetable
Hutaoli Toronto: Carbohydrates
Hutaoli Markham’s fried rice and Durian pizza are the most popular carbs on the menu.
- Signature Durian Pizza
- Spanish Black Squid Ink Rice
- Country-style Fried Rice with Chinese Bacon
- Mixed Grain Rice
Hutaoli Toronto: Desserts
Popular desserts at Hutaoli restaurant in Markham include Brown Sugar Crispy Rice Cake and creamy Tiramisu.
- Brown Sugar Crispy Rice Cake
- Brown Sugar Ice Jelly
- Chinese Yam with Blueberry Sauce
Hutaoli Toronto Hours
Monday to Friday 5:00pm-1:00am
Saturday to Sunday 5:00pm-2:00am
3760 Highway 7 East, 365-608-5333