Campechano Toronto was recently ranked as one of the top restaurants in the city by Toronto Life. Located at Adelaide and Portland, this tiny tanqueria is one of Toronto’s best Mexican restaurants. Campechano in Spanish means no fuss. Expect to enjoy an authentic Mexican meal in a casual atmosphere where taco’s are the star of the show.
Campechano Toronto opened its doors in November 2015, taking over the Sadie’s Diner space. Daniel Roe and Raena Fisher oversee the day to day operations while the restaurants third owner, Javier Flores, operates a number of taco shops in Mexico City.
“Our main goal was to try and bring a unique and authentic experience of a classic Mexican taqueria to Toronto. Staying true to the staple ingredients used in Mexico and all throughout Latin America by using maiz (corn). The decision was made to import corn and make tortillas from scratch. We use the process called “nixtamal,” which involves soaking, treating, and grinding our corn in house to make masa for tortillas.”
Step Inside Campechano Toronto
The casual King West restaurant is organized into three spaces and seats 45 diners comfortably. Step inside and you’ll find an open concept kitchen that overlooks the main dining room. Skip to the back and you’ll find a more intimate dining space as well as the restaurants bathrooms. During the warmer months of the year Campechano’s patio is a perfect spot to sip margarita’s and scoop through guacamole with friends.
Campechano Toronto Bar
The restaurants talented bartender works in a wee nook inside the kitchen. There are two or three stools tucked under the bar top, making it a perfect spot if you’re looking to grab a quick bite and have a penchant for people watching. The Campechano bar offers creative craft cocktails, Mexican beer as well as wine and sweet sangria.
Campechano Toronto: Cocktails
- Margarita: reposado tequila, triple sec, lime
- Spicy Margarita: jalapeno, tequila, triple sec, cucumber, lime
- Sidra de Manzana: apple cider, whiskey, disaronno, cranberry
- Mexican Old Fashioned: chipotle infused tequila, mole bitters
- Pina Mezcalita: mezcal, triple sec, pineapple, lime, orange bitters
- Bastion: gin, earl grey syrup, egg whites, lime
- Paloma: tequila, grapefruit soda, bitters
- Pina Mojito: aged rum, coconut rum, pineapple, mint, lime
- Red Sangria: wine, cherry liqueur, apples, oranges
- White Sangria: white wine, triple sec, peach schnapps, raspberries
Campechano Toronto: Cervezas + Vino
- Beer: Sol, Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo, Dos Equis, Blood Brothers, Brickworks Cider
- Wine: Cruz de Piedra Macabeo White + Altos Rioja Red
Campechano Toronto Menu
Owner and Chef Daniel Roe has found success by keeping the Campechano menu simple. “We really try to convey a classic taqueria and memories from our childhoods in our grandmothers kitchen or family gatherings. Simple, fresh ingredients used in a way that for us brings us back home and it all starts with a good foundation of our fresh tortilla.”
Campechano’s menu is gluten-free and includes guacamole, ceviche, sope, and a parade of 8-10 tacos. One dessert, Flan de Caramelo, offers those with a sweet tooth a satisfying finish.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
Campechano Hours of Operation
Tuesday 12pm-2:30pm and 5pm-10pm
Wednesday 12pm-2:30pm and 5pm-10pm
Thursday 12pm-2:30pm and 5pm-10pm
Friday 12pm-2:30pm and 5pm-11pm
Saturday 5pm to 11pm
504 Adelaide Street West, 416 777 2800