Looking to enjoy a relaxing spa weekend getaway in Ontario? Hockley Valley Resort offers an idyllic setting for romantic couples and adventurous friends and families. The resort’s Hockley Valley Spa is a rural oasis offering relaxing therapies from body wraps to Botox. Located north of Brampton and south of Collingwood, Hockley Valley is one of the best weekend getaways from Toronto.
Nestled in the heart of Ontario’s scenic Headwaters, Hockley Valley Spa guests are spoilt for choice when it comes to local attractions. Enjoy cycling across rolling hills, horseback riding along nature trails, and sampling local wine, cider and craft beer. Hockley Valley is an easy day trip for those living near Toronto. Looking to get into that relaxing spa state of mind? It’s best to explore the region on a weekend getaway.
Hockley Valley Resort is a year-round destination located on a 300 acre property. The resort features 104 luxury rooms and suites, 14 meeting rooms, a 8,000 sq.ft. luxury spa, championship 18-hole golf course, ski resort featuring 16 scenic ski and snowboard runs and fantastic farm-to-table dining. The resort’s intimate location, surrounded by lush forests and scenic rolling hills makes it one of Ontario’s most popular wedding venues.
Hockley Valley Resort Rooms
The hotel offers seven room types, perfect for Hockley Valley Spa guests looking to enjoy a weekend getaway. From affordable studio spaces for those on a budget to luxurious suites perfect for a romantic honeymoon retreat.
- Studio: located on the hotel’s first floor, studio’s feature a spacious seating area with couches, large workspace and a full 3-piece bathroom. Two rooms are handicapped accessible.
- Resort Rooms: designed for comfort and value featuring a plush king bed, cozy seating area, and balcony.
- Deluxe Resort Rooms: similar in style to the Resort Rooms, offering two queen beds, a sitting area, and a balcony. They sleep four guests, perfect for families or a group of friends traveling together on holiday.
- Premier Resort: these large rooms feature hardwood flooring, elegant furnishings, two queen beds and a full bathroom. A large number of the rooms include balconies with panoramic views of the valley and golf course. They sleep four guests, perfect for families or a group of friends traveling together on holiday.
- Hillside Suites: these newly renovated suites are both ultra modern and comfortable. Offering three unique designs, all Hillsides include a king bed, separate sitting area and a full bathroom. These rooms do not have a balcony and offer only a limited view.
- Executive Suites: these bi-level suites offer a plush king bed on the upper level with a full bathroom, featuring a walk-in shower. The spacious lower level includes a large sitting area with gas fireplace, work desk and some feature a balcony with views of the valley as well as a gas fireplace in the second floor bathroom.
- Regal and Vice Regal Suites: bi-level Regal and Vice Regal Suites feature eye-catching wrought iron spiral staircase leading to a plush king bed, romantic jacuzzi tub and elegant 4-piece bathroom. The chic lower level features a fireplace and spacious sitting area. These romantic rooms feature double balconies with panoramic views of Hockley Valley.
Hockley Valley Spa
In 2001, Hockley Valley Resort unveiled a $4.5 million renovation, opening its doors to a luxurious 8,000 sq.ft. destination spa. The Hockley Valley Spa is located on the hotel’s third floor and features a chic retail store that sells pampering products prepared by local artisans, 16 treatment rooms, two luxurious lounges (ladies and co-ed), an intimate spa cafe, and a wrap around balcony offering outdoor lounge seating with views overlooking the hotel’s outdoor pool below.
Guests at the Hockley Valley Spa can enjoy the hotel’s indoor swimming pool, hot tub and fitness centre year round. During the warm summer months spa guests also have access to the resort’s outdoor pool. A perfect place to relax and unwind after a sublime full body treatment.
Hockley Valley Spa Menu
- Facials: microdermabrasion, clinical peel, collagen sublime eye contour, specialty mask.
- Advanced Services: intense pulse light hair removal, Botox, micro-needling
- Massage Therapy: deep tissue massage, couples massage, prenatal massage, relaxation massage, Ayurvedic massage, reflexology massage, warm healing stone massage, warm bamboo massage.
- Body Treatments: body scrub, organic face and body ritual, NuBod, detox mud therapies (Acadian seaweed mud, Turkish rose mud, Mediterranean mud).
- Hands and Feet: manicure, pedicure, shellac manicure, French polish.
- Hair, Make-up and Waxing: Full Make-up, hair styling, waxing.
Hockley Valley Spa Deals
- Girlfriends’ Getaway: is the Hockley Valley Spa’s year round promotion. Starting at $251 pp/pn/dbl this deal includes accommodation in a Premier Resort room, buffet breakfast, spa credit of $75 per person, and a 3-course dinner at Cabin restaurant.
- Hotel Discounts: a great way to save on a spa getaway is to book your holiday mid-week from Sunday to Thursday when room rates are lower.
- Black Friday: resort gift cards can be purchased online throughout the year but are best purchased on Black Friday at a discount. A perfect gift for that someone special in your life who deserves a relaxing day at Hockley Valley Spa.
- Special Offers: sign up for Hockley Valley Resort’s newsletter and you’ll be the first to know about any upcoming spa discounts or deals.
Enjoy an unforgettable Toronto getaway at Hockley Valley Spa!
Hockley Valley Resort Restaurants
There’s no better way to indulge in a Hockley Valley Spa getaway then by sampling the regions most celebrated food and drink. A full time gardener manages the resort’s four acre fruit and vegetable farm. The farm supplies 80% of the produce for the resorts restaurants. A living testament to Chef Iniyan Vijay’s farm-to-table philosophy. During the winter months, the farm provides produce for the kitchen’s house-made pickles and preserves. When guests first drive up to the resort they are greeted by a teaching vineyard and outdoor kitchen featuring a wood fired oven that hosts “Pizza in the Garden” parties during the warm summer months.
Restaurant 85 Bar and Lounge
Hotel guests congregate at Restaurant 85 Bar and Lounge each morning for breakfast. The extensive buffet-style brunch features scrambled eggs, frittata, bacon, roasted potato hash, artisanal bread and toast station, pastries, fresh fruit and yogurt, charcuterie and cheese, oatmeal porridge, and pancakes. The uniquely designed space (which spills out onto a covered patio) is popular for intimate weddings, anniversaries and birthday parties.
Babbo is the hotel’s lively lobby lounge and bar. It’s the perfect spot to enjoy a casual sip and nibble after a day spent at the Hockley Valley Spa, golf course or ski slopes. Hop up at the bar and you’ll find a selection of craft cocktails, local wines, craft beer, and cheese and charcuterie. Recipient of the 2010 VQA Restaurant Award of Excellence, the resort’s extensive wine list features Canada’s best bottles, with a strong focus on Ontario whites from Niagara and Prince Edward County.
Cabin restaurant is ranked as one of the best restaurants in Orangeville. It is Hockley Valley Resort’s signature fine dining restaurant. Named after the first structure built on the property in 1865, Cabin is 2,600 square foot space that combines rustic and contemporary decor. Guests enjoy hardwood floors, wooden beams from the properties old barn, 16-foot steel and glass chandelier, and open concept kitchen. The Cabin menu evolves throughout the seasons. During our Autumn visit highlights included Beet Caprese with Ontario buffalo mozzarella, Risotto with squash and duck leg confit, and Beef Tenderloin with carrot crema and pan roasted mushrooms.
Hockley Valley Golf and Ski
There are plenty of active adventures to enjoy year round for those visiting on a Hockley Valley Spa weekend getaway. The resort’s short drive from Toronto makes it an ideal day trip for golf, ski and snowboard enthusiasts.
During the warmer months, Ontario golf fans line up at the resort’s 18-hole championship golf course. Designed by renowned golf course architect Thomas McBroom, Hockley Valley golf course offers some of the most breathtaking views in southern Ontario.
During the winter, ski and snowboard fans enjoy the resort’s 16 slopes and two terrain parks. If you aren’t keen on hitting the slopes, explore the resort’s white powder covered beauty by renting snowshoes.
You May Also Enjoy Reading…
793366 3rd Line EHS, Orangeville, 519-942-3969
Adamo Estate Winery proves you can produce fine wine almost anywhere in Ontario. The postcard-perfect winery is the newest passion project from the owner of Hockley Valley Resort, Italian born Mario Adamo. Both the resort and winery are a family run affair, showcasing the Adamo’s heart for hospitality. After moving to the region Mario noticed a similarity in the soil with his home in Calabria. He planted test vines even though the region was not known for winemaking. Today, the winery features 23,000 vines planted across 25 acres, a 20,000 sq ft production facility, retail shop, cafe, tasting room, and restaurant.
Adamo is a small-batch winery producing bottles from estate grown vines as well as quality grapes from Niagara. The Adamo Winery focuses on producing cool climate varietals such as Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
Wine loving Hockley Valley Spa guests are encouraged to enjoy a tasting or tour of Adamo Estate. Public tours of the winery are available Saturday and Sunday at 12pm and 3pm. Private tours for groups of 10 or more are available but must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
Every Friday night Adamo Estate Winery opens its restaurant to celebrate Wine & Unwind, a small plates dinner series featuring live music. The weekly culinary event is popular with locals so be sure to book a reservation in advance. During the warm summer months the culinary team host a Raw Bar, showcasing endless small plates of savoury seafood. During the Fall and Winter, Wine & Unwind switches its focus to a pasta party, offering noodle lovers the perfect opportunity to wind down after a long week while forking through bowls of plump gnocchi and slippery spaghetti.
18825 Shaws Creek Road, Caledon, 519-927-5881
Hopheads looking to quench their thirst in the Headwaters should pay a visit to GoodLot Farmstead Brewing. A natural extension of the family’s organic farm, GoodLot brewery uniquely harvests its own hops on site. Skip past the craft brewery’s production building and you’ll find an al fresco beer hall and tasting room. In the backyard you’ll find row after row of Cascade, Nugget, Willamette, and Mount Hood hop vines. GoodLot uses a combination of homegrown hops with local grains to create a fine representation of the regions finest beer. GoodLot’s signature Farmhouse Ale is a perfect sipper for Hockley Valley Spa guests keen to support local organic producers.
1137 Boston Mills Road, Terra Cotta, 905-838-2530
Spirit Tree Estate Cidery is one of the most popular spots for locals to line up for lunch on a weekend. It’s surrounded by orchards, popular with visitors who come here to apple pick during the Fall. Inside, you’ll find a farmhouse shop selling pickles, local dairy, butchered meat, and butter tarts. The wood-fired bakery sells plump English Muffins, hearty sourdough breads, and crunchy baguette.
Grab a seat at Spirit Tree’s bustling Ciderhouse Bistro and sip through a flight of artisanal ciders. Spirit Tree’s cider list includes Sparkling Estate Reserve, Draught Cider, Dry Hopped Cider, Pear Cider, and Applelager. They also produce seasonal one-offs such as Autumn’s Pumpkin Spice Cider. The kitchen produces hearty plates that incorporate Spirit Tree’s love for apples and baked bread. Highlights include Tempura Fried Maple Leaves, a massive Charcuterie Board, and freshly baked pizza’s paired with soup or salad.
994227 Mono Adjala Townline, Orangeville, 519-938-8620
If Hockley Valley had a “local living room,” it would without a doubt be Hockley General Store. The space oozes old country charm. Offering locals one place to pick up groceries, pharmacy products, housewares, wine, beer, and even brunch. It’s the perfect one-stop-shop for foodies looking to take home a taste of the region.
Visit Hockley General Store during the breakfast hour and you’ll find locals catching up over quiche and croissants. A seating area by the entrance features a booming fireplace, offering a perfect perch to enjoy a coffee and cookie. Hockley Valley Spa guests will love the the store’s extensive line of luxury beauty products and artisanal housewares.
1402 Queen Street West, Alton, 519-941-9300
Built on the banks of Shaw’s Creek, Alton Mill Arts Centre plays home to 25 studio artists, galleries, a heritage museum, cafe, and quirky shops selling jewellery, antiques and sustainable fashions. The regions most celebrated art centre is located in the historic Alton Mill, originally built in 1881. Start your visit by strolling around the historic property. Peak over the bridge to find a quiet creek or explore the outdoor sculpture garden.
Inside the Alton Mill Arts Centre, visit Headwaters Arts Gallery, dedicated to showcasing works by local artists. Then explore two floors of artist studios, pausing at Noodle Gallery if you’re in the market for fantastic gift ideas. If keen to explore your artistic side, Alton Mills Centre offers friendly workshops on watercolour, painting, drawing, jewellery and pottery.
795122 3rd Line, Orangeville, 705-435-2498
There’s no better way to end a relaxing wellness getaway at Hockley Valley Spa then by enjoying a scenic hike. The regions most celebrated nature trails can be found at Mono Cliffs Provincial Park, located on the picturesque Bruce Trail. Photography fans from across Ontario visit the park each Autumn to snap Instagram-worthy shots of Fall foliage. Mono Cliffs Provincial Park features numerous hiking trails, which are outlined on well-marked maps. Mono Cliffs is famous for its diversity of ferns, cedars, and birch, and picturesque ponds and streams. Hikers highlight: walking through a canyon on the Spillway Trail or past 30 metre cliffs on the Cliff Top Trail.
Enjoy an unforgettable Toronto getaway at Hockley Valley Spa!
Some of the links in this story use affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through our site, dobbernationLOVES will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content.