This past summer I got creative in the kitchen and am happy to share a new favourite perfect for Fall feasting. This lasagna-inspired dish will leave staunch carnivores satisfied and vegetarians delighted. Fresh lasagna noodles are topped with a muddling of corn, leek and ricotta before twirling together into a spiral bundle and topped with pumpkin cream and mozzarella which oozes like a dream right out of the oven.
What You’ll Need
fresh lasagna noodles
peaches & cream corn
1) Boil lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
2) In a saucepan over medium heat add 1/2 can of pureed pumpkin (or roast your own!), 1/4 cup of honey and generous pour of cream. The consistency should be a thin soup as your noodles will absorb liquid in the oven.
3) Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat with 2 cloves of garlic and 3 shallots finely minced. Add finely chopped zucchini and corn and cook for 5-7 minutes.
4) In a separate pan heat 4 tablespoons of butter and add 2 finely chopped leeks. Cook covered for 5-7 minutes.
5) Add zucchini/corn mixture and leeks to a mixing bowl. Stir in one tub of ricotta cheese with 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and salt + pepper to taste.
6) Lay a lasagna noodle on your counter. With a small spoon scoop and spread the noodle with your ricotta mixture. Roll each lasagna noodle until it is a hefty spiral and place in a casserole dish.
7 ) Pour pumpkin cream over the casserole once it is filled with lasagna spirals.
8) Top with shredded mozzarella.
9) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.